+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That's so exciting. It's funny how one minute it's all just a little dream and the next its full speed ahead. I am vaccinated for everything so I'm guessing I'll just need a blood test to confirm and probably check a few of my other levels. Monday I'll get the police certs certified and then we will be all set. I've already started taking elevit too. Did you ladies do anything special to increase your fertility pre IUI? Apart from the obvious good diet, no alcohol etc. is there anything I can do to improve my 20% chance.

It's really rather low isn't it? It's hard not to be completely positive at this stage though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't do anything apart from the vitamins. I also had to go to Ivf though.
    Iui will work for some, you may be one of them. Going to IVF isn't so terrible, just added costs and a bit more stress. Think keeping calm and relaxed regardless of cycle type is the best thing you can do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Try fish oil, zinc and berroca each day . And folate.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    Try fish oil, zinc and berroca each day . And folate.
    On top of the elevit with iodine?

Thanks
    Reviews
    You'll definitely be good for April. We had our first appt with Anne on the 27th November and we were all good to go for my January cycle even though we were away for 3 weeks over Christmas!
    Our first iui was on 19th jan but BFN. We are trying again this month on a higher dose of clomid but if we are unsuccessful again will move to ivf. 20% chance really isn't very much for a lot of money each month!
    I've been taken prenatals for a few months and have cut out alcohol/caffeine to help our chances. Even are a shed load of pineapple on advice from here but not sure any of it really makes any difference!!
    Agreed Anne is lovely and very good and we've had no problems at all being same sex at CFC.
    Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by maxinem2112 View Post
    You'll definitely be good for April. We had our first appt with Anne on the 27th November and we were all good to go for my January cycle even though we were away for 3 weeks over Christmas!
    Our first iui was on 19th jan but BFN. We are trying again this month on a higher dose of clomid but if we are unsuccessful again will move to ivf. 20% chance really isn't very much for a lot of money each month!
    I've been taken prenatals for a few months and have cut out alcohol/caffeine to help our chances. Even are a shed load of pineapple on advice from here but not sure any of it really makes any difference!!
    Agreed Anne is lovely and very good and we've had no problems at all being same sex at CFC.
    Good luck

I have my fingers crossed you get your BFP!!! We will only do 2 rounds of IUI as well and then move to IVF. I went to the CFC seminar this week and they were wonderful but I didn't realise you had to be medically infertile to access IVF though Medicare.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy and Stacey View Post
    I have my fingers crossed you get your BFP!!! We will only do 2 rounds of IUI as well and then move to IVF. I went to the CFC seminar this week and they were wonderful but I didn't realise you had to be medically infertile to access IVF though Medicare.
    Maybe you will get lucky and they find something infertile about you (PCOS, low ovarian reserve etc).

Yes take those extra vitamins on top of elevit. A previous FS recommended them as part of his regime.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Start on the pill now so you can produce a period when you need to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck Amy and Stacey! I think whether you are considered medically infertile is a decision for your FS. It may be that he or she may consider you medically infertile if a number of IUIs don't work, or as a PP said, if you are found to have an issue like PCOS or low ovarian reserve.

ETA: wouldn't call you 'lucky' with any of those issues tho :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha ideally I would be lucky and just boom first go but at least it only takes two goes of IUI to be deemed medically infertile. I'll ask her about the pill too. Seems like a step backward but I get the timing thing. I haven't been on the pill before.

On my first appointment will I get bloods taken? And how will I know how my ovaries are working? Will we have to wait until insemination day? I'm sure Anne will answer all this for me in a week but I'm such a planner and like to know it all first.