+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Not a restaurant but yesterday I went to a café to get some nice focaccias for lunch.
    I ordered them and twice said no egg products as my daughter is anaphylactic. She wasn't going to be eating one but is touch reactive.
    They were made out the back by the cook.
    I get home, DF has one bite and yep, covered in mayo. ARGHHHHH!
    I took them back and the waitress who served me first tried so say I never mentioned no egg products, then said maybe I added it myself to score a free lunch.
    I was about to lose my sh!t when the owner walked in. He was so apologetic, refunded everything and offered to replace everything free of charge.
    The owner mentioned the waitress was on probation and wouldn't be staying on as it wasn't her first big stuff up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I wish I reported the place I worked at, this was many years ago although. I bet the same stuff is still happening. I hate to imagine how many people have got sick eating there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by RaraMum View Post
    I noticed it says Roma at the top, this wasn't at the White Bull Pub was it??
    Yes I think it was @RaraMum have you been there?!?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I once found big black dead spider in my salad, they were ok about it and gave me a replacement salad for free. But another time I had a pasta at an Italian place on lygon st in Melbourne and foub a piece of sharp metal in it. The manager came out an implied I had planted it in there to try and get free meal! I was furious! I ended up paying for it because I didn't want o cause a fuss!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    I once found big black dead spider in my salad, they were ok about it and gave me a replacement salad for free. But another time I had a pasta at an Italian place on lygon st in Melbourne and foub a piece of sharp metal in it. The manager came out an implied I had planted it in there to try and get free meal! I was furious! I ended up paying for it because I didn't want o cause a fuss!
    I think I may of been to the place on lygon st when I was younger. If it's the same one. I remember the waiteresses looking very rushed and distracted. They never smiled either...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went to a place and the waiter spilt a glass of moscato all down my front. I don't even like Moscato and geez does that stuff reek… No offence if you drink it. It went all through my dress and and it soaked my Nike Theas… Should have been a crime in itself really. I just laughed it off and drank the free beer they gave me then we all made jokes about the waiter all night always not realising he was standing behind us every time. I think if I get rude service or whatever I just pay and leave and don't go back. I'm not really a vengeful kind of person and the way I look a it is that's negative energy I gotta carry with me and theres no way I'm letting them ruin my day/night further so I just don't back.
    Last edited by Trusty Chords; 15-02-2015 at 18:06.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have one from the other side if that's ok? Both restaurant nightmares for me as someone who works at one 😊

I am a manager at a restaurant. Last night was Valentines Day dinner and I had two interesting tables. The first was a lady who was at least 50 and her husband. They came in and had requested a particular table which is a large table that seats 6 people. We don't guarantee tables and never tell people we do and on this occasion we did have a table of 6 book so they received that table. I moved her booking to a much nicer table literally next to the one she wanted - the only difference was the size of the table. When she was advised of this she reacted like a 5 year old not getting her way and was almost in tears of anger at one point. I apologised and explained the situation - her response? "Don't tell me you're sorry, it means nothing to me and I'm sure it means nothing to you!" Well as it turns out I do genuinely care about people enjoying their time with us which is why I work in "hospitality". Anyway they decided to not stay for their set menu booking after berating me in front of 4 other tables about how disappointed they were and how I (personally) was useless - in this time I had poured their complimentary glass of champagne and offered it to them on the house regardless of them leaving and explained I genuinely didn't want their valentines to be ruined (without saying sorry again as that went down so well the first time). I was told I was being insulting and they didn't need my charity as they left.

The second table was just crazy handsy!! I get that it's Valentine's Day but come on peeps leave a bit to the wait staffs imagination when at a reputable establishment - I'm talking a lot of tongue and also busy hands under the table 😳

8. The Following User Says Thank You to monkeymama For This Useful Post:

vampstorso  (15-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh god @jaybu84 maybe we should start a similar thread for those of us who are in customer service. After 10+ years in hospitality as waitstaff and a manager I have some crazy stories. I also had a ridiculous table last night but not quite to the extent of crazy you had.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jb23 For This Useful Post:

monkeymama  (15-02-2015),vampstorso  (15-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jb23 View Post
    Oh god @jaybu84 maybe we should start a similar thread for those of us who are in customer service. After 10+ years in hospitality as waitstaff and a manager I have some crazy stories. I also had a ridiculous table last night but not quite to the extent of crazy you had.
    Do it! I have some doozies from years in retail too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jb23 View Post
    I have no idea what I'm doing - start one up jb23! This could be cathartic lol