+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JR03 View Post
    If I get bad service in a retail store, I'm still getting the shirt / dress etc that I paid for. However you pay a premium price in a restaurant for quality food and service so you can relax and don't have to prepare your own meal. So if you get bad service, you're not getting what you paid for, and if you're still required to pay for it, it's not fair. If I bought a dress and got it home and realized it had a hole in it, I would get a full refund, yet for a bad meal or bad service you're still expected to pay for at least a portion of it.
    In a restaurant you are paying for the service of someone cooking your meal and having it served to you and obviously tge meal itself, same as when you are buying an article of clothing you are paying for the service of someone making that clothing for you and for someone to sell it to you and ofcourse the clothing itself. Fundamentally they are the same. So if you have an issue with your food send it back for a replacement or send it back and don't pay for it. Service wise if it's crap by all means complain but do it like an adult not a toddler throwing a tantrum. If your still not happy weite a review stating facts. In this day and age and with so much competition out there word of mouth can make or break a restaurant so consistant bad service will eventually be their downfall.
    Don't take out petty revenge etc. Remember the people serving you are still human and sometimes mistakes happen.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jb23 For This Useful Post:

BettyW  (04-02-2015),HearMeRoar  (07-02-2015),maternidade  (03-02-2015),vampstorso  (04-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was pregnant and craving a cheeseburger bad. So went to drive thru maccas.. Got home.. Sat down,feet up.. Unwrapped my burger to find just two buns together no filling. I nearly cried. I was so tired that I just ate the bun and emailed from their website about bad service there.I ended up getting a reply saying to take this email reply in to get a free cheeseburger meal. Haha I was not going to do that! They would know I complained and prob spit in it so I left it at that

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by MummbearPapabearNCubs View Post
    They deserve it
    No they do not. It is seriously horrid behaviour.
    They deserve a complaint and you deserve a refund- that's it.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DT75 For This Useful Post:

HearMeRoar  (07-02-2015),Qwerty  (03-02-2015),SoThisIsLove  (03-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by JR03 View Post
    Restaurants are there to provide a product and service but it's so subjective as to whether you got what you paid for. Yep it's immature but if they're not willing to accept that they provided a substandard product or service, then they deserve some kind of recourse.
    It's called a complaint.

My God... I was on a bus the other day and the driver 'forced' a mother to pay for a fare for her teenage child- she thought he should get on free. Now, the driver could have chosen his words more carefully (but he didn't yell or curse). But she punched him. He deserved it, right?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I work in a restaurant and while we haven't had any problems as bad as some mentioned on here - we've definitely had tables wait as long as an hour for food on occasions. I hope what sets us apart from places PP's have mentioned is how we deal with the situation.

In saying that - it really saddens me to hear people think it's ok to retaliate with bad behaviour when something happens to them. Where is the line? If a server is new and accidentally goes to the wrong table with your meal and has to have it remade, is that grounds to throw the meal in their face? Too far? Maybe it's ok to throw it on the table then?
    If you wait more than 30 minutes for your meal is that grounds to order big and just leave costing the company money even when you've paid nothing so no refund is required?
    Where is the line of the retaliation being too much?

I know there are bad places out there, I've been to some myself! But honestly be the adult in the situation and react appropriately to what has happened to you. You waited too long? Fine, leave and never come back - tell everyone you know that that restaurant is terrible and write a review online. This will actually be better for future patrons because then people will know not to spend their money there.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to monkeymama For This Useful Post:

Gentoo  (03-02-2015),HearMeRoar  (07-02-2015),jb23  (03-02-2015),SoThisIsLove  (03-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Went out to lunch with some work colleagues to the local bistro. Ordered our food & the meals came out. One lady had ordered a burger with bacon in it - the bacon was completely raw! She sent it back & got a replacement (after a bit of protesting from the staff) but we still complained to the restaurant as two in our group were pregnant so eating raw/undercooked food could have been much more serious for them

Thanks
    Reviews
    I remember once we ate a nice meal and put our cash with the bill and left. Next thing we were being chased up the busy street by a waiter screaming stop! we stopped and he said we had short changed them- we didn't leave them enough money. Highly embarrassed I counted the money with the waiter in the middle of street- and then I realised WE had actually given them TOO much! So I took a $20 note off him and said "thanks very much!" and kept walking lol!
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 03-02-2015 at 11:47.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

BettyW  (04-02-2015)

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Years ago went to a local restaurant - a chain with an Italian sounding name but nothing authentic about it!

I ordered garlic prawns. The first one I bit into tasted like nail polish remover. Silly me tried a second.

The same thing!

Waited ages for someone to come over and was hungry so are a few chips and salad. Refused to not charge me stating "you've eaten some of it" and "you get that with prawns sometimes"!

Seriously?!?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Tell me about your worst restaurant experience

Last edited by Pumpkin1106; 03-02-2015 at 20:15.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I ordered garlic prawns at a local pub last year, expecting them how they should be (on a bed of rice with creamy sauce) instead I got these horrible shrivelled looking prawns floating around in a garlic soup, literally chunks of garlic in this soup, I ate it anyway and had horrible heartburn all night, spent most of it trying to bring it back up to stop the burning. Bleck

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast