+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I would of just walked out and not pay a cent for anything.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MummbearPapabearNCubs For This Useful Post:

DT75  (03-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I ordered takeaway Chinese from a local restaurant who delivered free to our area. I ordered lemon chicken and some chicken satay sticks. When I bit into the chicken it was raw. I mean it was sealed on the outside but still clucking on the inside. I called them up right away and complained. The response I got was that they had a trainee chef who started that night. No offer to refund/replace etc. I told them it wasn't good enough and that my partner (at the time) would be there in 10mins to pick up our refund and a new dinner which I specified must be cooked (I can be a little passive aggressive at times lol). Begrudgingly they agreed. Never ordered from there again and it closed down not that long after.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DT75 View Post
    I'm appalled- not just at the restaurants, but at the responses.

Seriously?

Ordering hundreds of dollars of takeout? Tipping plates over?

How are you any better than them- how on earth do you justify that?
    They deserve it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DT75 View Post
    I'm appalled- not just at the restaurants, but at the responses.

Seriously?

Ordering hundreds of dollars of takeout? Tipping plates over?

How are you any better than them- how on earth do you justify that?
    Restaurants are there to provide a product and service but it's so subjective as to whether you got what you paid for. Yep it's immature but if they're not willing to accept that they provided a substandard product or service, then they deserve some kind of recourse.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to JR03 For This Useful Post:

RaraMum  (07-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MummbearPapabearNCubs View Post
    They deserve it
    A guy just cut me off, might run up the back of him-he deserves it.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to heplusme For This Useful Post:

DT75  (03-02-2015),SoThisIsLove  (03-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MummbearPapabearNCubs View Post
    They deserve it
    Quote Originally Posted by JR03 View Post
    Restaurants are there to provide a product and service but it's so subjective as to whether you got what you paid for. Yep it's immature but if they're not willing to accept that they provided a substandard product or service, then they deserve some kind of recourse.
    Ok I get frustration at appaling service but why do people see it as ok to do those sorts of things in a restaurant but would never dream of doing so in say a retail shop?
    If you got rude service in a clothing store would you then tip over a clotheing rack?
    If you got rude service from say a telstra store would you then prank call them again and again?

But it is acceptable to tip over plates or order prank food etc in a restaurant?

I will never understand why some people react so differently in a restaurant setting than they would in any other place where they are receiving service.

By all means write a scathing review on tripadvisor etc and complain as high up as you can. But the rest? Really?
    Last edited by jb23; 03-02-2015 at 07:04.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jb23 For This Useful Post:

babyblu11  (03-02-2015),DT75  (03-02-2015),ElizaDoLittle  (15-02-2015),HearMeRoar  (07-02-2015),RmumR  (03-02-2015),SoThisIsLove  (03-02-2015),vampstorso  (04-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ending 5/6/15100 Posts in a week
    I tipped the plate over as i had the chef standing over me being quite intimidating that i don't know a good salad. I was 19 and very slight and very intimidated. I overturned the plate and it shocked him enough that i could leave.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jb23 View Post
    Ok I get frustration at appaling service but why do people see it as ok to do those sorts of things in a restaurant but would never dream of doing so in say a retail shop?
    If you got rude service in a clothing store would you then tip over a clotheing rack?
    If you got rude service from say a telstra store would you then prank call them again and again?

But it is acceptable to tip over plates or order prank food etc in a restaurant?

I will never understand why some people react so differently in a restaurant setting than they would in any other place where they are receiving service.

By all means write a scathing review on tripadvisor etc and complain as high up as you can. But the rest? Really?
    If I get bad service in a retail store, I'm still getting the shirt / dress etc that I paid for. However you pay a premium price in a restaurant for quality food and service so you can relax and don't have to prepare your own meal. So if you get bad service, you're not getting what you paid for, and if you're still required to pay for it, it's not fair. If I bought a dress and got it home and realized it had a hole in it, I would get a full refund, yet for a bad meal or bad service you're still expected to pay for at least a portion of it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JR03 View Post
    If I get bad service in a retail store, I'm still getting the shirt / dress etc that I paid for. However you pay a premium price in a restaurant for quality food and service so you can relax and don't have to prepare your own meal. So if you get bad service, you're not getting what you paid for, and if you're still required to pay for it, it's not fair. If I bought a dress and got it home and realized it had a hole in it, I would get a full refund, yet for a bad meal or bad service you're still expected to pay for at least a portion of it.
    So dont return. Simple. Give them a bad review. Tell all your family / friends.

Going around seeking revenge on everyone / thing that upsets you or treats u poorly is bad form. All you're doing is stooping to their level. It doesnt get u money back or change ur experience. It just makes u as bad as them imo.

Its poor form and not an example id want to set or an attitude id be wanting to pass on to my children

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SoThisIsLove For This Useful Post:

ElizaDoLittle  (15-02-2015),HearMeRoar  (07-02-2015),Qwerty  (03-02-2015),vampstorso  (04-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I never complain at a restaurant but if the food/service is unacceptable, I never return again and tend to let other people know about my experience also.

There has also been a couple times when I have been so disappointed with a meal or service received I have sent an email to the restaurant. It is usually a manager/supervisor who will read the email so at least I know the complaint will reach them.

I never understand how people can complain then accept or demand a replacement meal. I am too scared that the staff might spit in it or do something gross to it because I complained.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast