+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mama Mirabelle View Post
    Wow these stories are awful, OP I would definitely be leaving a bad review online/ on their Facebook page etc and naming and shaming them, sounds like they deserve it. That's appalling customer service!

My worst was when I was a child. Like the OP my parents never went out as they had no family to babysit. Finally when my siblings and I were in primary school they felt like we were old enough to take out somewhere nicer than maccas; they hadn't really been out anywhere nice in years at this point. We went to a nice restaurant for their anniversary, I remember my mum being so stressed that we should behave and sit still and not cause trouble. We ordered our meals and they never came out, we sat around for literally 2 hours with staff saying your food will be out soon. My mum was stressing out trying to get us to behave and Dad was so angry. After 2 hours we couldn't take it anymore and walked out and ended up at maccas, at the time I didn't really get it I just knew I was starving but now I think that must've been a really crappy way for my parents to celebrate their anniversary after over 10 years not ever going out anywhere nice.
    Oh no your poor parents they must've been really disappointed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by French Pear View Post
    Not my experience personally but a friend of ours was at a restaurant recently and got served this...

Attachment 66425

I would say this would be the worst restaurant experience!

For anyone who can't tell its a baked potato topped with bacon cheese oh and crawling with maggots!!!!!!

I tried to post the video but BH won't let me post videos.
    Ewwwwww*puke*

and that was what I was going to make for dinner tonight minus the maggots!!

How could they serve that? Surely they saw the maggots????

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm appalled- not just at the restaurants, but at the responses.

Seriously?

Ordering hundreds of dollars of takeout? Tipping plates over?

How are you any better than them- how on earth do you justify that?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DT75 For This Useful Post:

vampstorso  (02-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DT75 View Post
    I'm appalled- not just at the restaurants, but at the responses.

Seriously?

Ordering hundreds of dollars of takeout? Tipping plates over?

How are you any better than them- how on earth do you justify that?
    I thought the same. Two wrongs dont make a right.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SoThisIsLove For This Useful Post:

vampstorso  (02-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    This happened to us once too! We called over the waiter and he picked up the caterpillar and said "at least you know our lettuce is fresh" No apologies or anything.
    Yeah a little too "fresh" for my liking lol!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Not to me but my in laws. Got burgers from the local takeaway place to discover a bandaid in the burger. Went back to complain and get a replacement or refund and got told straight out no, you probably put it in there. It was a blue food services bandaid...

Sent from my SM-G900I using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gracie's Mum View Post
    Mine was a few weeks ago. I am a vegan so anytime we book a restaurant we always check that they are willing to provide a vegan meal for me. So we booked this restaurant for a birthday that was supposedly awesome. We had been looking forward to it since our relatives travelled 10 hours up for the dinner. Get to the restaurant and sat down, ordered some drinks and were handed our menus. I reminded the waitress that we had a vegan at our table and she said "A what?" I then had to educate her on what a vegan was. The chef was in no mood for vegans and obviously had a personal problem with the idea of a vegan. So our much looked forward to dinner ended up being my entire family gorging on massive seafood platters and gorgeous meals while I sat with absolutely nothing.

Some might say that's my own fault for being a vegan but we had checked and confirmed that they could prepare a vegan meal yet on the night decided they had no tolerance for vegans, even though we spent over $400 there!

I went home and ate baked beans on rye 😣
    That is awful. I think if it were my family, we would have just left. No way we would spend $400 on a meal if one of us couldn't eat

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SAgirl For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (02-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Chicken nuggets from maccas in Sydney city, bit into one and chipped a tooth on a piece of Black rock (looked like the tarmac on the road type) they offered me my money back and a new meal, took their offer then told the manager I would be returning with my bill from the dentist for them to pay. She wasn't too pleased but they paid the bill.

Ordered fish and chips at a fancy restaurant on manly pier. They failed to scale the fish before battering it, our table of 4 got free desert and I got my money back plus another meal (not fish, went for steak).

Ordered a takeaway fried rice from a canberra Chinese restaurant in the city, got it home it felt cool, tipped it on to a plate to microwave and it was frozen in the middle. Can only assume it had been frozen in the container.

Finally, ordered a chicken schnitzel from the local pub was uncooked, told them I wouldn't be paying for my meal, they called the cops who came down and basically told the restaurant to not be so ignorant and deal with kind of things themselves and that I wasn't required to pay for an inedible food.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mybabyjade For This Useful Post:

DT75  (02-02-2015),GrabbyCrabby  (03-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MichelleClareBear View Post
    omg that is disgusting behaviour of that waitress!!! I wouldn't blame you in the slightest if you threw the drink in her face
    !!
    I wouldn't have paid for the drinks I would have just walked straight out.
    I might be flogging a dead horse here - but never ever throw a drink. It could end up in a glassing and literally ruin the rest of your life. We have a prime example here in Perth of a young lady who did this and the glass slipped out of her hand, and her name will be forever associated as a 'glasser'. True or not only she knows, but there's also a lady with horrific scars.

Say your piece, walk out, write a review, report yourself to crimestoppers for walking on a bill, but don't start throwing things.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hulahoop For This Useful Post:

DT75  (02-02-2015),HearMeRoar  (02-02-2015),smallpotatoes  (03-02-2015),SoThisIsLove  (02-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    Subscribing to read AFTER dinner...I feel like there might be a few gross outs in here. 😝

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast