+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    Our worst was when the local bistro ran out of roast pork but they didn't realise until after we had ordered and paid. (Was rubbed out from chalk board soon after). We sat there waiting for ages and went and asked where our meals were - we were waiting for somebody to come back and apologise that they had run out! Instead we were served about 10 minutes later 2 rashes of bacon that looked like they had been boiled - grey, sloppy and smelt revolting! We took our meals up to the server and said "nice try this isn't roast pork" and asked for our money back. As we had a bowl of salad from the salad bar with our meals they only gave back half our money .... Never went back. We used to be regulars.
    Boiled grey bacon *shudders* *projectile barfs*

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (02-02-2015)

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I had one bad expierence just yesterday. Kenilworth pub for lunch. I ordered a bacon lettuce avocado and tomato sandwich. menu said it came with chips and crumbed onion rings. after waiting such a long time, my beeper went off, so I go to the counter to collect my meal. there was this huge burger with everything on it, it was about 10 inches high. I said that is not what I ordered, so the guys in the kitchen said go back to the front counter. so then I was given more change, obviously the burger was more expensive, and so my order was put through again. once more after waiting about another 20 mins, I got the meal. I was expecting a sandwich but it was a huge bun, the onion rings were stone cold. the chips were burning your mouth hot, the bacon inside the bun was totally cold, it was cooked, but had no heat left. and the whole thing was over powered by a mayonnaise, that was not even mentioned on the menu. so all up a total mess. By the time I actually got the meal I was so hungry I ate it, but I certainly didn't enjoy it. marie

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    This was ages ago but my friend found a caterpillar in her salad and the owner refused to refund her money. Gross!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Mine isn't that bad. It was 18th birthday. 15 of us went out to dinner. Between the first meal being brought out and the last was over 2 hours and one meal was brought out with frozen green prawns on it. Apparently the chef could only cook one meal at a time. :/

The other was at a school function at a restaurant. We had all preordered and prepaid our meals a week before. After 1 and 1/2 hours waiting we all had to leave for the ceremony. Half of the group hadn't got our meals.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SoThisIsLove View Post
    This was ages ago but my friend found a caterpillar in her salad and the owner refused to refund her money. Gross!
    This happened to us once too! We called over the waiter and he picked up the caterpillar and said "at least you know our lettuce is fresh" No apologies or anything.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    There have been numerous. One time I ordered a curry at a reputable restaurant. All was well until I bit into a piece of broken glass. I then managed to dig out a few smaller pieces. The waiter didn't seem concerned and asked me to order something else. I said it was dangerous and that other people may have been served glass. He then said I could have my meal for free. He still didn't get it so I got louder and louder until he felt it better to go to other people with the same dish and remove their food. It was a busy Friday night and it really concerned me that people were still being served the curry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not as bad as some...

At a bistro for a b'day, we all ordered, as did other tables. Waiter brought out a meal & took it to a table that had ordered after us. Then brought out more meals which came to our table. One person at our table got missed. It was realised that the first meal was taken to the wrong table so the waiter went over & got the meal off them & brought it to our table. It was half eaten...
    Needless to say it got sent back.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Didn't happen to me but my brother and his family. They were out at a restaurant for dinner and just as they were about to eat one of them found a used bandaid in their meal. They got up and left in disgust without saying anything or paying.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine was a few weeks ago. I am a vegan so anytime we book a restaurant we always check that they are willing to provide a vegan meal for me. So we booked this restaurant for a birthday that was supposedly awesome. We had been looking forward to it since our relatives travelled 10 hours up for the dinner. Get to the restaurant and sat down, ordered some drinks and were handed our menus. I reminded the waitress that we had a vegan at our table and she said "A what?" I then had to educate her on what a vegan was. The chef was in no mood for vegans and obviously had a personal problem with the idea of a vegan. So our much looked forward to dinner ended up being my entire family gorging on massive seafood platters and gorgeous meals while I sat with absolutely nothing.

Some might say that's my own fault for being a vegan but we had checked and confirmed that they could prepare a vegan meal yet on the night decided they had no tolerance for vegans, even though we spent over $400 there!

I went home and ate baked beans on rye 😣

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SAgirl View Post
    We had one last night!

Mum is over visiting so dh and I decided to go out to eat as we never get to do anything together as don't have family or friends to babysit the kids, so as you can imagine, it was supposed to be special.

We weren't sure where to go so went to a local thai place we had been to years ago which was ok at the time.

We sat down, ordered a beer and a coke, and starters. We ordered salt n pepper squid. When It arrived, we ordered our mains. We tried the squid, it was cut into huge chunks and was extremely chewy! We each had one piece, and then we tried a 2nd to be sure it was the whole lot, the 2nd pieces weren't eaten, we just tried to bite into them and realised it was all the same, so I put them into the little bowl provided.

Anyway, we called the waitress and said it wasn't up to scratch, we asked if we could order something else as it was so tough and chewy it wasn't edible. She was a little 'off' but went and got us a menu. Next thing, another woman turns up who I assume was the manager or owner, she starts explaining that it's tough because it doesn't have baking soda added and that's what most other places do to soften the squid, so we said ok but this is too tough to eat. She then explains it again. And we're like 'yes we heard you, but we would like something else'

Anyway she grabs the plate and takes it to the kitchen and as she walks off she tells us we have to pay for the squid! I turned to dh and said ' you know what, I don't want to eat here anymore. She is so rude and we shouldn't have to pay for this as it's not acceptable, and I am now scared she a going to do something to our main meal like spit in it or something' DH agreed and we decided to leave.

So dh and I got up, went to tell her we would no longer require anything else, she then shouted at us in front of the whole restaurant and told us we have to pay for everything. We had only just ordered our mains when we first got the starter and our drinks were still full. I had 2 sips of my coke.

I told DH there is no way I'm paying for anything because we can't even take our drinks. She told DH he could take his drink (in a beer bottle) but mine was in a glass.

We went to the counter to pay for the drinks and I politely told her that her customer service wasn't very good at all, she blasted me saying 'you ate 4 pieces of the squid! You must pay for it' so I said no, we each had ONE piece! She called me a liar and said the chef counted them, so I said there are still 2 pieces in my bowl UNEATEN, on the table. She shook her head at me and I was furious! I went to the table and got the bowl and gave it to her, she STILL wouldn't acknowledge that we had only eaten two.

Anyway I then said to DH I'm sick of this. We shouldn't even be paying for our drinks.

All the while she was arguing with us saying she had never had customers like us!! I couldn't actually believe her attitude. DH and I never complain about food and we never make a scene. We are both non confrontational people.

Anyway we ended up paying for the drinks so I walked out with my glass as I was so ****ed off.! The waiter came and asked me for the glass and I said well I paid for my drink and I have had 2 sips, so the woman comes out the kitchen with a plastic take away container!!! Not a drinks container either!! A round food one. I was so angry, DH grabbed by glass and gave it to the guy over the railing and it ended up dropping and spilling over their seat.

Honestly, I felt like throwing my drink in her face (something I would never do and have never done) but we were so furious.

It ruined our evening as we just couldn't stop thinking about it.

I'm still angry

omg that is disgusting behaviour of that waitress!!! I wouldn't blame you in the slightest if you threw the drink in her face
    !!
    I wouldn't have paid for the drinks I would have just walked straight out.