+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm glad the video didn't work

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to maternidade For This Useful Post:

btmacxxx  (01-02-2015),GrabbyCrabby  (03-02-2015),LittleBug'sMum  (01-02-2015),littlelove  (01-02-2015),mixinitup  (02-02-2015),peanutmonkey  (01-02-2015),Pusheen The Cat  (04-02-2015),smallpotatoes  (01-02-2015),SpecialK  (01-02-2015),Wise Enough  (02-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by French Pear View Post
    Not my experience personally but a friend of ours was at a restaurant recently and got served this...

Attachment 66425

I would say this would be the worst restaurant experience!

For anyone who can't tell its a baked potato topped with bacon cheese oh and crawling with maggots!!!!!!

I tried to post the video but BH won't let me post videos.
    Wow that is disgusting!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mama Mirabelle View Post
    Wow these stories are awful, OP I would definitely be leaving a bad review online/ on their Facebook page etc and naming and shaming them, sounds like they deserve it. That's appalling customer service!

My worst was when I was a child. Like the OP my parents never went out as they had no family to babysit. Finally when my siblings and I were in primary school they felt like we were old enough to take out somewhere nicer than maccas; they hadn't really been out anywhere nice in years at this point. We went to a nice restaurant for their anniversary, I remember my mum being so stressed that we should behave and sit still and not cause trouble. We ordered our meals and they never came out, we sat around for literally 2 hours with staff saying your food will be out soon. My mum was stressing out trying to get us to behave and Dad was so angry. After 2 hours we couldn't take it anymore and walked out and ended up at maccas, at the time I didn't really get it I just knew I was starving but now I think that must've been a really crappy way for my parents to celebrate their anniversary after over 10 years not ever going out anywhere nice.
    This similarly happened to us about a year ago. We didn't wait for 2 hours but about an hour and a quarter probably, got that fed up. I went up and asked where our food was they said wouldn't be long, all the while still waiting. We hadn't paid for anything yet but we'd received our drinks which we'd finished. I left and took kids to car and seatbelted them in while DH went and complained. Will just know never to go there again at least.

I swear people who got there after us got there meal before we would have, some people eating and almost leaving. It's like we were invisible.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Quote Originally Posted by zoz View Post
    I swear people who got there after us got there meal before we would have, some people eating and almost leaving. It's like we were invisible.
    Yes, exactly the same with us! People were coming in, eating and leaving and we were just sitting there waiting; my parents were so angry!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mama Mirabelle For This Useful Post:

zoz  (01-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by French Pear View Post
    Not my experience personally but a friend of ours was at a restaurant recently and got served this...

Attachment 66425

I would say this would be the worst restaurant experience!

For anyone who can't tell its a baked potato topped with bacon cheese oh and crawling with maggots!!!!!!

I tried to post the video but BH won't let me post videos.
    Omg spew!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SpicyTurtle View Post
    Omg! Would the server not have realised that before bringing it out??? What the....
    That's what he said to her! They were literally jumping off the plate. So disgusting

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My whole family was on holidays together, 8 adults and 1 child at the time, and my parents wanted to take us all out for dinner. We went to a chinese restaurant and the food was revolting. Every dish tasted the same and was so mushy. We each had one bite of a few dishes then filled up on rice. Dad told them we wouldn't be paying the full amount because most of it was inedible, and the owner threatened to call the police. Unfortunately, he felt like his hands were tied so paid. But we got them back by phoning the next day and ordering hundreds of dollars of takeaway then never showed up to pick it up.

Another time, we were out to dinner with friends and we were seated, then 3 other tables seated about 10 minutes after us. The waiters took all of their drink orders before ours, then when we let the waiter know we hadn't ordered drinks yet, he said he'd be back soon. 20 minutes later and he's taking food orders for the other tables and we still hadn't ordered drinks! So we left and told the manager on the way out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We haven't had anything too terrible.

We went to a little Afghan place once, no signs up mentioning unusual rules/requirements. We were only there for a quick meal before a show, and the place was practically empty. We ordered a main, an entree and two drinks between two of us, and were told we had to order at least one main per person. Thought that was ridiculous but fine, did it, and waited. The food was beautiful, but it was next to impossible to get service despite the empty restaurant (staff were standing around chatting and ignoring customers). Finally when we went to pay, the waiter tells us that they don't have an eftpos machine, and there's an ATM a couple of hundred metres down the road - he was pretty rude about it too. So DP goes and gets money, comes back and pays. Beautiful food, but we've never been back.

Another time we went to a fairly empty Thai place, waited ages to place our orders, then another 45 minutes for our food. It was just stir fries or something that would usually be pretty quick. Food was terrible, and cold by the time we got it. Again, haven't gone back.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by JR03 View Post
    Another time, we were out to dinner with friends and we were seated, then 3 other tables seated about 10 minutes after us. The waiters took all of their drink orders before ours, then when we let the waiter know we hadn't ordered drinks yet, he said he'd be back soon. 20 minutes later and he's taking food orders for the other tables and we still hadn't ordered drinks! So we left and told the manager on the way out.
    Don't you just hate when your table is mysteriously the invisible one?!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our worst was when the local bistro ran out of roast pork but they didn't realise until after we had ordered and paid. (Was rubbed out from chalk board soon after). We sat there waiting for ages and went and asked where our meals were - we were waiting for somebody to come back and apologise that they had run out! Instead we were served about 10 minutes later 2 rashes of bacon that looked like they had been boiled - grey, sloppy and smelt revolting! We took our meals up to the server and said "nice try this isn't roast pork" and asked for our money back. As we had a bowl of salad from the salad bar with our meals they only gave back half our money .... Never went back. We used to be regulars.
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 02-02-2015 at 10:12.