+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Tell me about your worst restaurant experience

We had one last night!

Mum is over visiting so dh and I decided to go out to eat as we never get to do anything together as don't have family or friends to babysit the kids, so as you can imagine, it was supposed to be special.

We weren't sure where to go so went to a local thai place we had been to years ago which was ok at the time.

We sat down, ordered a beer and a coke, and starters. We ordered salt n pepper squid. When It arrived, we ordered our mains. We tried the squid, it was cut into huge chunks and was extremely chewy! We each had one piece, and then we tried a 2nd to be sure it was the whole lot, the 2nd pieces weren't eaten, we just tried to bite into them and realised it was all the same, so I put them into the little bowl provided.

Anyway, we called the waitress and said it wasn't up to scratch, we asked if we could order something else as it was so tough and chewy it wasn't edible. She was a little 'off' but went and got us a menu. Next thing, another woman turns up who I assume was the manager or owner, she starts explaining that it's tough because it doesn't have baking soda added and that's what most other places do to soften the squid, so we said ok but this is too tough to eat. She then explains it again. And we're like 'yes we heard you, but we would like something else'

Anyway she grabs the plate and takes it to the kitchen and as she walks off she tells us we have to pay for the squid! I turned to dh and said ' you know what, I don't want to eat here anymore. She is so rude and we shouldn't have to pay for this as it's not acceptable, and I am now scared she a going to do something to our main meal like spit in it or something' DH agreed and we decided to leave.

So dh and I got up, went to tell her we would no longer require anything else, she then shouted at us in front of the whole restaurant and told us we have to pay for everything. We had only just ordered our mains when we first got the starter and our drinks were still full. I had 2 sips of my coke.

I told DH there is no way I'm paying for anything because we can't even take our drinks. She told DH he could take his drink (in a beer bottle) but mine was in a glass.

We went to the counter to pay for the drinks and I politely told her that her customer service wasn't very good at all, she blasted me saying 'you ate 4 pieces of the squid! You must pay for it' so I said no, we each had ONE piece! She called me a liar and said the chef counted them, so I said there are still 2 pieces in my bowl UNEATEN, on the table. She shook her head at me and I was furious! I went to the table and got the bowl and gave it to her, she STILL wouldn't acknowledge that we had only eaten two.

Anyway I then said to DH I'm sick of this. We shouldn't even be paying for our drinks.

All the while she was arguing with us saying she had never had customers like us!! I couldn't actually believe her attitude. DH and I never complain about food and we never make a scene. We are both non confrontational people.

Anyway we ended up paying for the drinks so I walked out with my glass as I was so ****ed off.! The waiter came and asked me for the glass and I said well I paid for my drink and I have had 2 sips, so the woman comes out the kitchen with a plastic take away container!!! Not a drinks container either!! A round food one. I was so angry, DH grabbed by glass and gave it to the guy over the railing and it ended up dropping and spilling over their seat.

Honestly, I felt like throwing my drink in her face (something I would never do and have never done) but we were so furious.

It ruined our evening as we just couldn't stop thinking about it.

I'm still angry

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I would have been furious too! That was terrible and coming from the manager?!?! I've had a horrible experience but it was too long ago to remember all the fine details but I did log it onto a restaurant review website at the time. It is unbelievable how people are often treated as the customer!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow, how rude! Leave them a bad review online!

Thanks
    Reviews
    You'll laugh about it one day...

Our worst was when we went to dinner in china town in Sydney. I think it turns into something else after hours.
    Downstairs where the toilets where there was young girls dressed to the 9's and at one point a group of men where counting a huge table of money on the restaurant floor. So many little things it's hard to write them all down

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Wow!

My worst was an Asian eatery where I was laughed at by two giggling women behind the counter when enquiring if a meal was safe for me to eat (I have an egg allergy). I couldn't believe it.

I was told the meal I ordered was egg free, surprise surprise it wasn't. I was so furious, I felt like throwing up on their counter. I had a show to attend and they ruined my night.

It was about 15 years ago when I was much less assertive. I didn't actually complain. If this happened to me now, I would have told them at the point of ordering that they were ignorant and disgusting for laughing and promptly left to find somewhere else to eat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by [Mod] Degrassi View Post
    Wow!

My worst was an Asian eatery where I was laughed at by two giggling women behind the counter when enquiring if a meal was safe for me to eat (I have an egg allergy). I couldn't believe it.

I was told the meal I ordered was egg free, surprise surprise it wasn't. I was so furious, I felt like throwing up on their counter. I had a show to attend and they ruined my night.

It was about 15 years ago when I was much less assertive. I didn't actually complain. If this happened to me now, I would have told them at the point of ordering that they were ignorant and disgusting for laughing and promptly left to find somewhere else to eat.
    That is awful!! How rude.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ending 5/6/15100 Posts in a week
    My worst was years ago at pj obriens in Melbourne airport. Long story short, i ordered a ceaser salad. It came out with a poached egg that was frozen. I complained and the chef came out and blasted me. I tipped the plate on the table and walked out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Wow these stories are awful, OP I would definitely be leaving a bad review online/ on their Facebook page etc and naming and shaming them, sounds like they deserve it. That's appalling customer service!

My worst was when I was a child. Like the OP my parents never went out as they had no family to babysit. Finally when my siblings and I were in primary school they felt like we were old enough to take out somewhere nicer than maccas; they hadn't really been out anywhere nice in years at this point. We went to a nice restaurant for their anniversary, I remember my mum being so stressed that we should behave and sit still and not cause trouble. We ordered our meals and they never came out, we sat around for literally 2 hours with staff saying your food will be out soon. My mum was stressing out trying to get us to behave and Dad was so angry. After 2 hours we couldn't take it anymore and walked out and ended up at maccas, at the time I didn't really get it I just knew I was starving but now I think that must've been a really crappy way for my parents to celebrate their anniversary after over 10 years not ever going out anywhere nice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not my experience personally but a friend of ours was at a restaurant recently and got served this...

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1422754466.738672.jpg

I would say this would be the worst restaurant experience!

For anyone who can't tell its a baked potato topped with bacon cheese oh and crawling with maggots!!!!!!

I tried to post the video but BH won't let me post videos.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by French Pear View Post
    Not my experience personally but a friend of ours was at a restaurant recently and got served this...

Attachment 66425

I would say this would be the worst restaurant experience!

For anyone who can't tell its a baked potato topped with bacon cheese oh and crawling with maggots!!!!!!

I tried to post the video but BH won't let me post videos.
    Omg! Would the server not have realised that before bringing it out??? What the....