+ Reply to Thread
    At my house
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Mother's Guilt

Gaahh this is eating me up at the moment. I gave birth to dd#2 early Saturday morning. DD#1 started prep on Tuesday morning. We were running so late because of baby and feeding etc that I only managed one photo of DD in her uniform at home. I didn't get any of her at school, I didn't get to stay a while and play with her like all the other parents. I pretty much had to drop her off and go because the bell went I feel like we both missed out on a really important milestone. She doesn't seem to care but every time I see a photo of someone elses first day I get sad and get the guilts. Just a vent. Its been such a huge week in this household.

in a wormhole
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

You just had a baby on Saturday! That's a massive achievement right there! Congratulations! I think you did an amazing job getting your daughter there at prep at all, given the circumstances.

For what its worth my DS started prep this year too and I only got one photo of him at home as well and no photos at school (it didn't even occur to me to be honest). Its great that your daughter was okay with you dropping her off and going. That's something that everyone's working towards because they're going to have to get used to that and for some kids its a challenge. So well done to you and your DD - sounds like you did a great job at starting prep.
    Last edited by MissMuppet; 31-01-2015 at 17:32.

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MissMuppet For This Useful Post:

BH-KatiesMum  (31-01-2015),bubbasmum  (31-01-2015),Busy-Bee  (31-01-2015),Happymum2  (31-01-2015),SheWarrior  (31-01-2015)

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Perth WA
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    congrats on the birth of bubba

as MissMuppet says - you are doing super well to be able to drop her at prep and go. Getting her that prepared and ok with it is a massive undertaking.

Well done you

And one photo is not the end of the world. Its the doing thats important ... being there, caring, understanding, being the Mummy and having that relationship ... thats what is important.

taking a photo and posting it on facebook ... not so much