+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Mamasupial what app is that please? Tia

kiwimum890 is offline It won't happen overnight, but it will happen!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Molros View Post
    @Mamasupial what app is that please? Tia
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1422673811.974026.jpg

3. The Following User Says Thank You to kiwimum890 For This Useful Post:

Molros  (31-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by New Hope View Post
    We have been seeing a paediatrician every month when DS2, was diagnosed as failure to thrive at the children's hospital. He would only put on maximum 30grams in a week.

They did a lot of tests on him and believe he has an intolerance to cows milk as he had a very distended belly and wasn't putting on weight. They started him on Petri junior as it for bubs that have malabsorption problems and it has seemed to have done the trick. His blood test results were all the place too with many vitamins and minerals non existent.

So my little man started his life at 1.1kg (32weeker) and is now 6 months (4 months corrected age) and weighs 5.35kg.

I think revisiting a paediatrician might be a good idea Mamasupial. You are doing a great job for Possum.
    Your bub sounds quite similar to mine....

My bub was IUGR too, 34 weeks 1.4kg

Now at 8 months he has only just cracked 6.5kgs....he is 1.4 percentile on the growth chart that we use too...

OP I know It is stressful being concerned about their weight...

Can you seek a second opinion with a different paediatrician (who are you currently seeing? I can PM the details for mine if you like we are really happy with him).

It may just be a transition while your little one gets used to the different carers at the daycare...

Have you spoken to the director and staff regarding the need for her weight to be closely monitored...

How is she after a feed? Is she a happy settled baby?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to kiwimum890 For This Useful Post:

New Hope  (31-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    She has silent reflux.

Her childcare centre know about her weight struggles and I'm always working with them to try and get more milk into her. She's only been there for 2 weeks so I guess it might just take longer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    During feeds she sometimes fusses but after a feed she is content. Not sure about how she is at childcare for.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamasupial View Post
    She has silent reflux.

Her childcare centre know about her weight struggles and I'm always working with them to try and get more milk into her. She's only been there for 2 weeks so I guess it might just take longer.
    It sounds like you are doing a great job, yes still early days of her settling into daycare. Just keep doing what your doing with keeping a close eye on it and go back to the GP if there is any further loss...

Silent reflux isn't much fun for either of you either!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to kiwimum890 For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial  (31-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is my DS chart to compare...

He was born at 34 weeks and 1.4kg so has had a lot of catching up to do...now he is crawling my paediatrician said it will be harder for him to gain weight as he is so active..

At 4 months I can't imagine your little one is crawling as yet? So it looks like she slowed down and lost weight, was that when you switched to formula?

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1422689147.169737.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    She isn't crawling and she was mix fed from birth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyBovine View Post
    mmm now I've seen her growth chart, I can fully understand why you are concerned. While my DD3 was below the growth chart, but her curve was the same as the chart.

Maybe she will take more milk at childcare after she is better settled in. Does she feed more when she is at home?
    She doesn't take larger amounts at home than she usually does but she does have an extra night feed now.