+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default I've got a TMX for the weekend

I'm trying to convince DH of the benefits of us getting a TMX and a friend is loaning me hers for the weekend.

What should I make with it to show DH how awesome they are? I'll have it for dinner on Saturday night so a great quick dinner suggestion would be appreciated!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Have a look on the recipe community
    http://www.recipecommunity.com.au

There are literally hundreds of recipes to choose from.

Some dinners I like to do in mine are steamed fish/ chicken and veggies with mashed potato, steamed salmon with hollandaise sauce, butter chicken and rice, stroganoff, quick macaroni and cheese, pumpkin soup.

How long will you have it for? Just for dinner? If so make the most of it by doing a few courses to show your DH how useful it is, for example maybe start out with cocktails/ mocktails and homemade dips, then do a soup, a meal and dessert (frozen mango ice cream is quick and delicious)

If you'll have it for longer have a look at the basics on the recipe community, in a few hours you could easily prepare a months worth of stocks, sauces, butter, jams, nut butter, tomato sauce, a loaf of bread and some frozen baking. Hopefully that will be enough to convince him!

Oh also if you'll still have it Sunday morning do a poached egg breakfast with steamed asparagus and hollandaise sauce. Before my tmx I never would have made that at home, we'd have had to go out to a cafe, but now it's so easy.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mama Mirabelle For This Useful Post:

NoteToSelf  (30-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I tried to find the link for the original recipe, but it has disappeared. This one always gets rave reviews. It's Creamy Garlic Prawn Risotto.

INGREDIENTS

• 1/2 cup parsley
      • 50 g Parmesan
      • 3 spring onions quartered (green and white parts)
      • 2 cloves garlic (decent size cloves)
      • 40 g butter
      • 350 g aborio rice
      • 50 g white wine
      • 900 g chicken stock (I used 900g water + 3 tsp homemade chicken stock paste from MWOC)
      • 400 g prawns (medium green prawns, shelled and cleaned)
      • 60 g sour cream (optional but yummy)
      • salt and pepper - generous

INSTRUCTIONS

• Add parsley and chop for 5 seconds on speed 6. Set aside.
      • Add Parmesan and grate for 5 seconds on speed 8. Set aside with parsley.
      • Add garlic and spring onions and chop for 5 seconds on speed 5.
      • Scrape down sides, add butter and saute for 2 minutes, 100 degrees, reverse speed 1.
      • Insert butterfly. Add rice and wine and saute for 2 minutes, 100 degrees, reverse speed 1.
      • Add stock and cook for 14 minutes, 100 degrees, reverse speed 1.
      • Add prawns and cook for 1 minute and 30 seconds, 100 degrees, reverse speed 1.
      • Add sour cream (in small blobs), Parmesan, parsley, salt and pepper and mix on reverse speed 2-3 for 5 seconds.
      • Place in thermoserve and let stand for approx 10 minutes.

NOTES

Don't be tempted to add the prawns earlier. They continue to cook in the residual heat of the thermoserve and don't need any longer cooking in the actual thermomix. They are easily overcooked in the thermomix.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to gizmoduckus For This Useful Post:

NoteToSelf  (30-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    This takes a bit of time but it is definitely worth it! I have never tried one better. It's Butter Chicken. It was a Masterchef recipe that was converted for the Thermomix

INGREDIENTS

• Marinade

• 3 cm piece ginger, peeled
      • 2 cloves garlic
      • 140 g greek yoghurt
      • 1 tbs garam masala
      • 1 lemon, juiced
      • 25 g olive oil
      • 1/4 cup coriander
      • 800 g chicken thigh fillets, cut into chunks
    • Sauce

• 2 onions
      • 2 long red chillies, de-seeded
      • 2 tbs ghee
      • 1 1/2 tbs tomato paste
      • 1 tbs garam masala
      • 1 tsp ground turmeric
      • 260 g passata
      • 300 g pure cream
      • 1 bunch mint
      • 300 g basmati rice

INSTRUCTIONS

• Marinade (4 Hours Prior To Meal)

• Place ginger and garlic in TMX, chop on Speed 7 for 10 seconds
      • Add yoghurt, 1 tbs garam masala, lemon juice, oil and half the coriander. Blend on Speed 4 for 5 seconds to combine.
      • Tip marinade into container, add chicken and cover. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
    • Sauce

• Place onions and chillies in TMX, chop on Speed 7 for 10 seconds.
      • Add ghee, tomato paste, 1 tbs garam masala and turmeric. Saute at 100° on Speed 1 for 5 minutes.
      • Add passata and cook at 100° on Speed 1 for 5 minutes with MC Lid ajar.
      • Add cream, mint and remainder of coriander and blend on Speed 3 for 10 seconds.
    • Chicken

• Preheat a pan over medium-high heat. Remove chicken from marinade and brown in batches, turning each bath for 6 minutes or until cooked through.
      • Reduce heat in pan to medium low. Return all chicken to pan and tip sauce from the TMX into the pan with the chicken. Stir to combine.
      • Simmer for 15 minutes whilst rice is cooking.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to gizmoduckus For This Useful Post:

NoteToSelf  (30-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

9. The Following User Says Thank You to gizmoduckus For This Useful Post:

NoteToSelf  (30-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Can't believe I forgot about risotto! Yes definitely give that a try!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mama Mirabelle For This Useful Post:

NoteToSelf  (30-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Does he like desserts. These are so so so good. http://www.recipecommunity.com.au/de...fondants/68332
    There's a garlic prawn risotto on the recipe community that is so yummy too.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

NoteToSelf  (30-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    Is she lending you her everyday cookbook as well? If so, the Creamy Tomato & Salami Fettucine is a must!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Apple iPhart6 For This Useful Post:

NoteToSelf  (30-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    If I had it for the weekend, the first thing I'd make is a couple of batches of the veggie stock for later use. I'd make sorbet, the choc cake from the EDC, custard. The EDC salami fettucine is yummy - I sometimes make it with chorizo (so good!) I love the quirky chicken and brown rice soup and you could make some bread rolls to go with it.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

NoteToSelf  (30-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Apple iPhart6 View Post
    Is she lending you her everyday cookbook as well? If so, the Creamy Tomato & Salami Fettucine is a must!
    This is one of my favs!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

NoteToSelf  (30-01-2015)