+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Gap between babies pros/cons

Just wondering who has a 2 year gap between their babies? I TOTALLY want another bub (DS is only 4.5 months! What's come over me!). Thinking of trying at the end of the year for a ~2 year gap if I can get DH to agree!!

What's you gap and do you think it was a good one? Pros and Cons for a 2 year one?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just about to have a 2 yr age gap so not sure what it is like - chellenfing I imagine! I have a 5yr age gap between #1&2 and love it - would have that age gap again, but alas am getting too old!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have just over 2 years between 1 and 2 and then 3yrs between 2 and 3. I think the 3yr age gap is easier to manage, a 3yo can do a lot more for themselves than a 2yo. But my first 2 kids are best of friends and mostly into the same things and I do worry a bit that the baby will get left out being that bit younger.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to LittleBug'sMum For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (31-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just under 2 year gap for my two. So far it has it's challenging moments,that's for sure but ds 1# just adores his brother. I think it will pay off down the track as they will be the best of pals. I was/am still in baby mode so I haven't had to adjust to baby routine iykwim. I hope to add to our family so didn't want to wait too long. Am very happy with our decision.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My 2 are exactly 2 years apart (they share the same birthday) it's hard entertaining both at the same time. I tend to share my time while one sleeps. However the oldest gets jelouese sometimes and makes it hard. But if I add him into to he can get rough, he doesn't know any better, but things are improving.
    Other than that, his happy entertaining himself. He has his moments. But it's all good and I wouldn't change it 1 bit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have 20 months between my two. Now they are approaching 7 & 9. Im totally happy with the gap! They are a year apart in school which makes drop off and pick up a breeze. Im only pitching activities to one age group - so again things like kids sport etc is much easier. They play well with each others friends etc.

Yep I had my hands full for a bit - two in nappies and on bottles - but its paid off now and I would do it again exactly the same way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I have a 2 yrs 9 month gap between DD and DS1. Then there will be a 7 years 9 months gap between him and DS2. While I didn't want such a big gap between DS1 and 2, I like 3 years between. My two still play together all the time with the 3 year gap. I really don't think I'd be a fan of 12-18 months

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have 21 months between first and second, 4 minutes between 2nd and 3rd. twins. and three years 8months between third and forth. now they are all adults and everyone gets along really well. the teenage years were a world war, and the young childhood years wee mostly pretty ok. my sons have nearly 6 years between them and they have always been good mates., even mates with each others mates. I think the friendships between siblings depends on personalities rather than the age gaps. love my family just the way it is . marie

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great thanks everyone! Lots to think about

Thanks
    Reviews
    16 month age gap! Fell pregnant when DS was 7 months old. First 8 weeks were tough but love it now