+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quiet thread

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi @ladyr. Yep this thread has gone a bit quiet as I think most of the newbies who initially responded are not so new anymore! Maybe they have moved into other threads as they have gone through a few cycles. I was following this thread as a supporter as I went through IVF couple years ago but if you have any specific questions or worries ask away and I'm sure somebody will have some advice. How's it going for you? Have you seen the fs and started IVF yet? X

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've just re read your post. My story was similar to yours, I wasn't trying quite as long only 2 years but also tried clomid for few cycles with no success and there were no obvious issues with me or dh. We decided to go for IVF and although I was only 29 at the time my AMH was quite low at 7.1 so apparently I don't have much egg reserve left. However the IVF worked very well, I now have an 18 month old and am 35 weeks pregnant naturally with number 2! Stay positive and you have age on your side as 32 is still young in fertility terms so hopefully your eggs are good quality. X

Thanks
    Reviews
    I suspected the same, having had read the last few months of replies. Started reading at the beginning on Friday without realising just how old the thread had become, before I read the last few replies. Not seen the FS yet, have an appointment at one on the 20 May and another on the 25 June - will then make our decision from there which one we proceed with. Hoping to start the cycle after. Having been through most of the testing before, we're only now doing the basics again (SA, AMH, etc) - last testing was five years ago.

Do you know if there's a more recent first-timer-IVF-journey thread that perhaps I've missed?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nh2489 View Post
    I've just re read your post. My story was similar to yours, I wasn't trying quite as long only 2 years but also tried clomid for few cycles with no success and there were no obvious issues with me or dh. We decided to go for IVF and although I was only 29 at the time my AMH was quite low at 7.1 so apparently I don't have much egg reserve left. However the IVF worked very well, I now have an 18 month old and am 35 weeks pregnant naturally with number 2! Stay positive and you have age on your side as 32 is still young in fertility terms so hopefully your eggs are good quality. X
    Always enjoy reading success stories!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep that's why I commented in the thread as I want people who are about to go through IVF to stay positive as there are sadly many people who don't have as much luck as me and it's easy to read all those stories and get a bit despondent. The people on this thread have been doing very well, not all were successful first month but some within a few transfers. I'm sure people will start responding again once they see some new threads. The other option is to start a new one yourself as I'm sure there are always newbies around! X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ladyr View Post
    I suspected the same, having had read the last few months of replies. Started reading at the beginning on Friday without realising just how old the thread had become, before I read the last few replies. Not seen the FS yet, have an appointment at one on the 20 May and another on the 25 June - will then make our decision from there which one we proceed with. Hoping to start the cycle after. Having been through most of the testing before, we're only now doing the basics again (SA, AMH, etc) - last testing was five years ago.

Do you know if there's a more recent first-timer-IVF-journey thread that perhaps I've missed?
    Hi I was new to ivf but very very lucky to have been successful, so I guess that classes me as no longer new or as ttc! Good luck x

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm still new. Only on day 4 of first round of injections. God I'm moody! I cried during pitch perfect 2 for gods sake

Thanks
    Reviews
    @nh2489 you are amazing. I'm still here

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by allykat111 View Post
    I'm still new. Only on day 4 of first round of injections. God I'm moody! I cried during pitch perfect 2 for gods sake
    Your very first cycle? I wish you all the very best!! It probably sounds so odd, but I CANNOT WAIT to start injecting! It means the start of something plausible Goodbye to the temping, charting, OPKs, and other annoying guess work!