Thanks @crose hope the laparoscope goes well!
Hi ladies! I'm getting my eggs out Saturday but my flight back to Perth is Tuesday ARGH that will mean I only have time for a day 3 transfer, should I push my flights to make it day 5 or is it much of a muchness??
My understanding is that a lot of fertilised embryos die off in the early stages usually due to chromosomal abnormalities and if you can get the embryo to day 5 or 6 (blastocyst stage) you have already selected out the ones that are not as good. However there are many people who have day 5 embryos transferred that don't make it and also sometimes the embryos have a better chance surviving in the normal environment of the uterus rather than trying to push them for a few more days in the lab.
If I were you I would ask your Dr what they think but they probably won't know until egg collection and they can assess the quality. I would say that your chances of success are probably better if you can do a 5 day transfer but I don't have a lot of experience so other people may offer more sound advice. Good luck.
I'm waiting out the 5 days, changed my flights! Had 23 then out today so find out tmr how many were mature and fertilised
Where is everyone else at?
My first 5 day Embie was a Chem. I then went pretty much right away. The last one I just had didn't catch and waiting for my period so I can start process and go for the 3rd time. Third time lucky as they say !!! How you feeling Hun? Hoping you have many strong ones xxx
Mags83 yes 3rd time lucky for you, fingers crossed!!!
I'm feeling a bit rotten but getting better! I'm not sure just really bloated right up to my ribs!
Hey @Jenandsquid how did egg retrieval go? How many did you get in the end and do you know how many fertilised?
Make sure you keep an eye on the bloatedness and mention it to your doctor as if there's any chance you could have ohss they would want to delay transfer. I know it's a horrid thought and you will want to go for transfer straight away but ohss can be really serious and if you do get pregnant if will be much worse. I know I would have been absolutely gutted if they had told me to delay transfer but in the end I wasn't really at risk, had no symptoms at all initially but at 6 days post transfer ended up in hospital with a collapsed lung as I had so much fluid in my chest. 3 weeks in hospital with a chest drain wasn't much fun and it was ultimately all due to the fact that I was pregnant after the transfer.
So look after yourself, drink plenty of fluids and try to eat lots protein and make sure you tell your doctor so you can get checked out. X
Oh just noticed you said 23. That's a lot so def be careful. Hoping the best for you though and that you get your transfer soon. X
Nh2489 yeah I'm watching it and happy to delay if required but went in today and nurse said should be okay, I was just happy she told me what's normal and what's not and that I wasn't dying ha!
I'm in no pain, just bloated as hell... What were your symptoms?
They were able to fertilize 20, so even if I can't this week, might be able to take them back to wa for a clinic there to implant soon!
Are you pregnant now?
Pregnant for the first-time?
Not sure where to start? We can help!