+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 36 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls!

FB group sounds great!

I'm stressing now! My tests aren't getting darker but still digital says 'Pregnant 1-2'
    @crose good luck today!!

x

Thanks
    Reviews
    @crose @newmummy85 would one of you prefer to open it or shall I?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm easy @mags83! 😉

Thanks
    Reviews
    @mags83 that will be great if you can open it. I only have mobile phone access so I'm not too sure how to set one up.

Unfortunately my scan was poo!!
    My follies did not grow so the nurse called my Dr and he said to cancel this round. They are going to assess my case tomorrow and call me with the plan of attack. I'm thinking laparoscopy to remove fluid from tube and the drilling of my ovaries and try again afterwards but will have to wait until tomorrow for the plan. I'm disappointed as its been a waste of time but hopefully that now we have worked out how my body has reacted we can deal with it.

In other news I'm super happy that they started plastering our new house today.

Hope you girls are going well.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF NEWBIE Round 1 STARTS NOW! ANYONE ELSE IN THE SAME BOAT?

Hi Ladies, I'm happy to set it up if you send me your Names/email address in a PM.

I'll call it Newbies? Any other suggestions?

Oh @crose! Hun, I'm so sorry your FS has cancelled your cycle. 😔 How incredibly frustrating and disappointing for you. My heart goes out to you hun. Big hugs. xx
    The positive is that yes, you will get the fluid in your tube cleared and hopefully won't cause you any issues, your ovaries will be drilled - apparently they respond well after drilling & they now have an idea of how you respond to meds too.
    But big hugs, you're allowed to be disappointed and upset, completely normal. Thinking of you.

Yay that the plastering has started on your house! How much longer till they're finished building?

x

Thanks
    Reviews
    @newmummy85 yes please do! Unfortunately I got the news I didn't want to hear today after bleeding yesterday. Did a BT today and My hcg levels dropped to half so I'm out. I have a bt on Saturday and seeing the Ghino next week fri. Hopefully my hcg drops to zero by then and off I go again. Still happy to join group on Facebook!! 12 more embies I have so let's hope the next is a great one!!! Xxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,

Hoping I can join here 😊

I'm starting my first ivf with injections starting in a few weeks!!

Any advise/experiences??

Is the retrieval painful?

Is the embryo in process the same type experience as an iui insemination?

Thanks in advance 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I know everyone is different but I really didn't find the ivf cycle that bad in terms of hormonal swings etc. you get used to the injections pretty quick even if they do still sting a bit. In terms of egg retrieval, I know many people find it uncomfortable but I didn't have any pain at all. I was sedated so I remember waking up and there being quite a lot of blood on bed but being surprised that I felt no pain or discomfort. For me the worst part of the whole experience was putting the embryo back in as I needed to have a really full bladder so they could see the uterus on ultrasound and I was dying!! I was literally close to tears I found it so painful! Then I was supposed to wait about 20 mins but I had to go straight to toilet as I thought I would wet myself! Was actually bricking it all the way through the transfer thinking I was going to pee all over the bed while they were doing it!! Luckily I didn't and all went well but that's the bit I remember!!

Although it's an emotional time I found that once I had made the decision to go for ivf I was pretty relaxed and excited as there was a real chance of getting pregnant rather than having that dreaded wait every month when you don't get pregnant and you have to wait weeks to try again. I know some people say you should prepare for the worst but my attitude was to not think about that as I didn't see the point in stressing and imagining how disappointed I would be if it didn't work as there was every chance it would. And I was one of the lucky ones where it did work and now I have a gorgeous (most of the time!) 15 month old. Good luck, everyone here is very supportive. X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh @mags83, hun, I'm so so sorry. Definitely not the news you wanted to hear. Big hugs to you babe. I know how hard it is to have it and then it's taken away from you. Not fair at all.
    Have a yummy dinner, buckets of wine and allow yourself to grieve.
    I hope they work out a great plan for you! 12 embies is a wonderful number too! I hope the next one is super sticky.
    Thinking of you hun. Xxx
    @Jenandsquid - of course you can join!! Welcome! I hope you have a short and sweet IVF journey!
    Advice - relax, the injections really aren't as bad as you think they're going to be. Don't get caught up in the numbers, it's quality not quantity & your first cycle is very much trial and error while they see how your body responds to the drugs, so there's no definite length of time you'll be stimming.
    EPU can be different for everyone. I found it quite painful for days afterwards, but I've lost both Fallopian tubes so my ovaries are "floaters" and I was warned I'd be quite sore. Most other girls haven't experienced anything more than some cramping for a day or two.
    I've never had IUI, but the transfer is kind of like a Pap smear, with the little duck bill type clamps - I didn't even feel the tiny catheter, just a little discomfort like a Pap test, no pain at all.

Hope everyone else is well!
    @crose - how are you going hun? @Dell77 - BT day with me tomorrow?? Have you tested again?

BT tomorrow AM! I'm so excited and nervous! It's been a long 10 days since transfer!!

x

Thanks
    Reviews
    @newmummy85 thank you Hun!! I also private messaged you!! @crose hope you are well also xx