+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All So good to have so much support

Newmummy - I'm quite excited about turning the big 3-0 in September. Happy Belated Birthday!!
    Such heartbreak for you to go through that but all positive vibes being sent your way for IVF.
    My scan is next Wednesday and im getting pretty excited about it!
    Hope the 'jabbing' is not too painful. I'm thinking I might need hubby to do the first few for me or im going to have to g-myself up haha!

Mags83 - thanks so much for the reassurance with the egg retrieval. It is so nice to have support from everyone.

Dell77 - Welcome!! Very excited for you. I hope the needles are painless. Best of luck for the blood test on Friday - will have my fingers & toes crossed for you Please keep us posted.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It is great to have the support 100%... So excited for everyone and I hope 2015 is our year. Make sure to write as you go through appointments we just might be able to help someone else out there

Thanks
    Reviews
    Crose- as for the egg retrieval you are welcome. You are asleep anyway really so all good. I hope you have many many eggs

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies!
    @mags83 - Wow! 32 eggs! Amazing that you have 13 Frosties too! Thanks for the reassurance with the EPU too! It's been worrying me that I'll have a bit of pain. I can thank an U/S tech for that -- she told me with no tubes the ovaries will be up higher and it will be harder to get to them, making it more painful! No idea why she decided to share that!
    I have PCOS too. It sucks doesn't it! But you're right, at least we have age on our side!
    Good luck with the pill! Hope it continues to give you no side effects!
    @Dell77 - You are a day ahead of me, I started injections on Saturday, I'm about to add the Orgalutran tonight. Hope that wasn't as bad as it sounds!
    So good to have cycle buddies isn't it! Good luck with your numbers! I hope they continue rising nicely for you and EPU is soon!
    @crose - Thanks for the Birthday wishes! You're too kind! And you're better than me - I really wasn't looking forward to the big 3-0!!
    The jabbing isn't too bad! I've just had the Gonal F so far and you can't feel it! I do it to myself, my hubby isn't great with needles and I'm in my last year of Nursing at Uni, so I'm looking at it as more practice! Not sure about the Orgalutran, I will let you know after I have that one tonight.
    Good luck with your scan on Wednesday! I hope it brings good news for you and you can get your cycle underway!

AFM - had BT today, Oestrogen is 1055 on 125 of Gonal F, they're really happy, so continuing on 125 and adding Orgalutran, repeat BT and U/S on Friday. Hoping to see lots of follies!

Fingers crossed for us all! Hoping for BFP'S!!!!

x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the warm welcome everyone

Hubby & I have been ttc for a year now. Mid 2014 we started seeing a FS, when we found I had some fibroids which were quite big, & poly cystic ovaries (not the syndrome but). I got the fibroids removed in Oct & we gave it a few months trying naturally. Since time isn't so much on my side we decided if nothing by the new year, we would start ivf.

The jabbing, I found, is much better than you think it will be. Once you get the first one done it's like 'wow ... That wasn't bad at all' lol. I have read in some tips though, some girls use an ice pack or refrigerated coin to kinda numb the spot.

Not sure if related to orgalutran or not - This afternoon I felt abit headachey & tired. My friend said I looked exhausted & my manager messaged me at home asking if I was ok, cos I looked stressed at work! Feeling better now though.

Which clinic are you gals with? I'm with ivf Australia & so far have found them really good (well, not that I've experienced any other to compare with ). But feel so far so good. A funny story - when I went for my first blood tests last Friday I bumped into my neighbor unexpectedly. I live in a unit & she is literally right next door to us haha. We don't know each other very well, apart from saying hi or bye in the stairwell & garage. She was just leaving when I arrived. It was so unexpected that it didn't register with me when she said hi & asked how I was! Once I sat down in the waiting room it clicked & I had to sms her saying 'it was you I just bumped into wasn't it?!' Haha. We are planning to catch up this weekend to swap stories ... That's 1 way to get to know your neighbor!
    hope everyone is having a great week so far, weekend is nearly here

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there ladies... @newmummy well I hope you don't feel any pain. You are asleep with EPU. Well that what they did with me!!! No side effects on the pills and scan is on Tuesday. I'm thinking positively and look forward to having a great lining so I can do the implantation @dell I'm actually at melbourne Ivf... And how funny is your story... It's great been able to talk to someone going through the same thing especially in Person... I know we will all have BFP asap getting used to this lingo that's for sure xxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Happy weekend everyone
    hope you're all having a lovely day.

Im now on CD 9. I went for my 2nd blood test yesterday and they said my oestrogen levels are still low (my CD 5 level was only at 189 .. I think they are looking for > 400??). I'm trying not to read too much into it, and just take it a day at a time - as so many ppl recommend. The FS has increased gonal f dose to 225iu & told me to stop with Orgalutran. I go back this Monday for blood test & first ultrasound. I'm hoping maybe it's just my cycle timing since this cycle started 5 days late and my AF lasted only 3.5 days .. Which is different to my usual cycle.

hope you gals are traveling well

question, have any of you been on any particular diet for fertility / conception? (Not in a losing weight sense) but I saw some articles about eating a more veg & fruit based diet .. Which they say can help improve chances etc

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm not on an ivf cycle at present but just wanted to wish you all luck. When somebody talked about feb 19th being retrieval day it brought it all back as that was the day of my egg retrieval in 2013. That means if all goes to plan you will be due around nov 12th. I was also 29 and that is def something in your favour as your egg quality will hopefully be very good. I had a friend who was an embryologist at our clinic and she said it was lovely to see nice big fluffy eggs from a younger person! All 12 of ours fertilised and we got 9 blastocysts so keeping fingers crossed for you that your first cycle will be successful like ours was.

Like people say, try to relax, it's not easy but I think stress plays such a big part in infertility and I think the best thing you can do is presume it will work and you will deal with your emotions later on if it doesn't, but there's no point thinking about how gutted you will be now. I think we all underestimate how much we put our bodies through for this process so it's not surprising that the hormones may us feel crazy. Just keep focusing on each step as it comes and I hope you are feeling ok with all the meds and injections.

Good luck everyone. X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm not a newbie but I wanted to chime in and wish you all the very best.

There are good days and bad days, but you will find your strengths in time.

best wishes xox

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies thank you to all of you for the replies it's great to hear positive feedback and it's definitely important to stay that way!!! It's hard doubt does come into it I feel it too but it will happen!!! I have my scan for the lining tomorrow so I'm hoping it's all great!!!! @dell no I haven't got on a diet like that to be honest!! Eat all and moderately I'd say!!! how are you feeling? Xxxxxx

11. The Following User Says Thank You to mags83 For This Useful Post:

Dell77  (09-02-2015)