+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF NEWBIE Round 1 STARTS NOW! ANYONE ELSE IN THE SAME BOAT?

Hi All,

I'm 29 (almost 30) and just started IVF. I have been on Synarel for the past few days and already experiencing some side effects - hot flushes & insomnia!

I have turned to IVF as I suffer from Endometriosis (recently had my second operation to remove 2 large cysts) and my hubby has some seriously non motile swimmers so will be needing ICSI.

I'm booked in on 11 February with the clinic for an ultrasound and to hopefully start the injections (finger crossed).

I'm new to the whole IVF world so trying to be positive but also don't want to get my hopes up.

Any other newbies out there in the same boat??

2. The Following User Says Thank You to crose For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (08-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not a newbie but I just want to wish you the best of luck! I went through the same ivf you are going through and I have been blessed with a beautiful little girl who is now almost 7 months!

Will be thinking of you xo

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mona424 For This Useful Post:

crose  (30-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Mona

Such great news to hear that you have been blessed with a gorgeous baby girl

Any advice for this newbie?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just take each day as it comes.. Very hard when you just want want want something so bad. It did take me 3 cycles and I put this into practice on the third cycle. It's the only way I got through!!!

It's tough going through IVF especially with all the hormones and its up and down all the time but your body is going through a lot!!! Just make sure you take time for yourself while you go through it maybe get a massage or something just to relax yourself?

It would be lovely to hear how you go 😊 I have everything crossed for you!!!!

AND if you have any questions, please ask!!! Happy to answer if I can 😊

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mona424 For This Useful Post:

crose  (03-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default I'm also new

hi hun, I'm also new. I have just started the thaw cycle and I start my first set of oestrogen pills tomorrow to get my lining up and then have to go for a scan the following tuesday. I believe if the lining is right they then they would tell me when the implant would be!!! So freaky .... Have you extracted as yet? Sorry I might sound dumb so new to it all...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Mona for the advice I will try it out Yes the hormones are already crazy and its only the beginning. Only a few more sleeps until the ultrasound - will keep you posted will the progress. Thanks that would be great.
    Last edited by crose; 03-02-2015 at 08:03.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Mags!

How exciting!! Fingers crossed for your scan next Tuesday.

Not yet. I am getting an ultrasound next Wednesday to determine if I should start the injections. If all goes to plan I think they were talking about the egg retrieval on 19 Feb! Will keep you posted.

Its all new to me too

My fingers & toes are crossed for you

I would love to hear your progress

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Crose & Mags,

I'm a newbie too, this is my first cycle of IVF! I'm on day 4 of jabbing!
    Crose, I just turned 30 in January! The big 3-0 is a bit daunting, but perfectly fine after the big day!
    I have PCOS and Hashimoto's and after 9 cycles of Clomid and 2 ectopic pregnancies, I've lost both my tubes - so IVF it is for us!
    I also have an almost 5 year old daughter who is a Clomid baby.

This is all new to me to, it would be great to have another newbie to go through it all with!

Is your scan this Wednesday Crose? I hope all goes well and you can move onto injections!

Mags, good luck with the scan and the pills, hope all goes well and you can transfer soon!

Fingers crossed for you both!

x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi to you both. All such exciting times ahead. )) Thank you for responding. The egg pick up is no biggy at all trust me so don't stress about that. I had 32 eggs extracted in which 13 became embryos and are frozen. Day one of the pill today I feel no different, thank goodness hehe. I only did one iui cycle and because I was over stimulated I moved on to ivf instead of wasting the eggs. I have pcos which is the reason I don't ovulate regularly and cloned did not work instead it drove me up the wall lol. I'm 31 however so we're all still young fingers and toes are crossed for you both also. It's a tough journey I know and at least we can chat about it xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi There,
    I'm new too I'm 38 this year & just started my first ivf cycle last Friday, so I'm on Day 5 now.
    Started on gonal f 150iu which today got increased to 200iu. And also started the orgalutran tonight.
    feeling ok so far with the needles n mood wise & (touch wood) not noticed much/ any side effects so far. But can def feel the orgalutran needle more than the gonal f! I go back for next blood tests this Friday.
    wishing us all good luck