+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Fitbit, Jawbone etc recommendations???

I am considering getting a fitbit but I wanted to know if they were actually any good. I am worried that it will be like everything else and just a fad that I will regret later. What are people's thoughts? Good, bad or on the fence?

I want to, need to do something to get my mind and body healthy.

I have had a look at the fitbit app and the food is all American which is disappointing and the step counter is pretty much like any other and counts them even when steps aren't being taken so tickling my boys would count as steps. (Just as an example)

Thoughts??
    Thanks in advance

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    I currently use a Withings Pulse. I'm waiting to see what the Apple Watch does before getting anything else. I would not recommend the Withings scales. They're fun to begin with but I find myself wishing I'd bought a pair of Omron BF511 at $100 cheaper then I could've used any old tracker I'd like!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I heard that the apple watch only has a 2 hour battery life. I don't know how true this is because that sounds like a major con. Who has time to recharge anything every 2 hours

Thanks
    Reviews
    I loooove my fitbit one! It's a clip on so not a wrist thing. I prefer that as I feel it would be more accurate and not as annoying.
    I charge it every 8-9 days. I don't use the food section of it as I was using myfitnesspal prior to buying the fitbit and they sync together anyway.
    I have a few friends with a fitbit and it's great to see their steps and try to "beat" them.
    There was a challenge with some BH ladies on matchup to get to the 10,000 steps and I found that very motivational too.
    If I'm reaching the end of the day and I check my steps and I'm not quite at 10,000 (or whatever goal) I actually get up and finish those steps (well most of the time) whereas without any kind of tracker you don't know and therefore don't put in those last steps.

Personally, I have seen a MAJOR increase in my physical activity since buying the fitbit one

5. The Following User Says Thank You to azelqra For This Useful Post:

bigZ  (30-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a garmin vivofit and love it. It has a 1 year battery life and has watch batteries so easy to replace.
    Dh had a jawbone bit ditched it due to poor battery life and was a bit hard to use.
    He has a smart watch too but prefers the vivofit

7. The Following User Says Thank You to kezanazz For This Useful Post:

bigZ  (30-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It depends on the type of exercise you'll be doing. I personally I do a lot of pram running, so I need a heart rate monitor because the others only register activity via arm swings.

My Fitness Pal is a fantastic app for Australian foods, although it only connects with particular devices.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Blonde Assassin For This Useful Post:

bigZ  (30-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Blonde Assassin View Post
    It depends on the type of exercise you'll be doing. I personally I do a lot of pram running, so I need a heart rate monitor because the others only register activity via arm swings.

My Fitness Pal is a fantastic app for Australian foods, although it only connects with particular devices.
    I have the myfitnesspal app I didn't realise they connected to each other. That's good news.
    I thought it would be a good way to keep an eye on how active I am. I think I am quite active now with 3 young active kids but probably aren't really as active as I think.