+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Ongoing back issues - 1 year after birth

Hi mums

I need your advice re treatments for my ongoing sore back. I had lower back/pelvis problems in the second have of my pregnancy (my DS is almost 1), my entire labour in my lower back and now just general wear and tear with looking after bubs all day long.

It seems to be quite localised to the middle of my back but get general pain in lower back as well as shoulders on and off.

I have been seeing a Physio on a regular basis for awhile but don't feel like I am getting anywhere. I haven't been as diligent as I should be with my exercises - life gets in the way!

Has anyone had experiences with Osteos, Chiros or other professions for this kind of problem? (I'm in the Eastern suburbs of a Melbourne so any specific recommendations would also be great!)

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Perhaps a good chiro would be of more use to you. I had terrible middle back and neck pain from always looking down whilst BFing and all the rest. Saw a GOOD chiro that was recommended to me and I felt a lot better. It's time for me to go back again too I think. I'm getting bad pain again from lifting DS around all day. I would start there. No recommendations though as I'm in Sydney.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I went and saw a chiro a few weeks after the birth of my daughter. My back pain was to the point I couldn't lift the pram into the car. It was the best thing I could have done.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Did you have an epi my any chance?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for all your help. Yes Maternidade - I did have an epidural.

Thanks
    Reviews
    There is a risk with Epis that they can cause on-going back issues. Happened with my SIL too. I'd get it properly checked out.

If you are given the all clear from any serious issues... I find that kid-wrangling does put a huge strain on your back. Make sure you've got a good chair to feed in, otherwise without good back support you will find that you will hunch more. Other than that I find doing weights and long stretches great for it and when I don't do them it gets worse.

GrabbyCrabby is offline She is everything I need, that I never knew I wanted... She is everything I want, that I never knew I needed...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Subbing. Sorry to hear you're having trouble too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MsB View Post
    Thank you for all your help. Yes Maternidade - I did have an epidural.
    The reason why I asked is because I had really bad issues too. To the point I was in tears and couldn't move properly. I went and got a massage and they said they see a lot of issues near epi sites.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by maternidade View Post
    The reason why I asked is because I had really bad issues too. To the point I was in tears and couldn't move properly. I went and got a massage and they said they see a lot of issues near epi sites.
    Never realised this! I had an epi (csection) and ever since I had my dd 16 months ago I can't sleep on my left side without waking up in agony with back pain. I'm also finding I have lots of back pain during the day - which I never had before!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Obviously I'm not the only one, I feel for you other ladies in pain also. Stupid question but would a normal Osteo/Chiro have expertise in post birth/epidural back problems? Has anyone seen someone amazing?