+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default When did you get your se.x drive back?

Have you had your thyroid checked? I had post partum throiditis which causes weight gain (or difficulty to lose weight) tiredness, depression, feeling cold and low libido.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are just using condoms at the moment. A doctor gave me the implant in the hospital afyer javing dd but it disagreed with me so I got it taken out 3 months pp.
    I'm breastfeeding so maybe that's it? But I'll get my thyroid checked anyway just to rule a couple of things out. I definitely don't feel cold though.
    I don't want to just do it anyway because I can't get aroused so it just hurts even with lube. I had this problem on antidepressants once and it just made me anxious to have sex

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Mine didn't really disappear post partum, but we've had our up and downs like any couple.

One thing that worked well for us when I wasn't really interested, was setting specified days. So we decided 3 days a week in advance, and then we both knew that we were going to have sex on those days. It meant no guessing, no anxiety and no rejection.

Sex doesn't have to mean intercourse. In fact, if you're anxious about it, then it may be best to rule that out for the time being. We set days, defined sex as both of us receiving some form of pleasure, and basically had a go. If I wasn't interested after a short period, then we stopped. I invariably ended up being interested though, and it worked well for us. May not work for everyone though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    After our first is took a year easy! My body has been through a lot! I was also exhausted from being a new Mum and scared about how it would feel. It was the last thing I was interested in!!

Second time round I had a CS and was REALLY scared it would hurt. So put it off for a few months. But second time round I was happy to get back into it sooner.

Thanks
    Reviews
    After having our son, I didn't want it at all! And it took a good year to finally get back in to it! I started doing it just for his sake, but the more it happened the more I got into it....so I guess the old 'fake it till you make it' really paid off! Lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    At least a year

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    After DS1 it took over 10 months for me to even consider it and then until he was over 2 to really want it like I had before.
    With DS2 I had it back straight away but have had periods of no libido since then too. I'm hoping once I stop breastfeeding it will return to normal.
    Occasionally I do it when I don't feel like it and end up enjoying it after starting so fake it til you make it works for me.