+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Wink When did you get your se.x drive back?

*Here lies my libido, RIP*
    Just wondering when other people's returned after having a baby? I tried to broach the subject with my mothers group but boy did they change the topic fast It's inappropriate I guess?
    I felt like a rabbit when I was pregnant, and after having our sweet DD I really wanted to but needed to recover.. and then all of a sudden, nothing! I just don't want to, I don't care, I don't want to be touched and I've got better **** to do!
    It's been 7 months now and I miss having that intimacy with my partner, I love him and I feel attracted to him.. I wish I did feel like doing it. I've heard the 'fake it till you make it' advice but that is just not me.
    Wondering if it's completely normal, or should I get to a GP? I've had a really hard time losing weight, feeling tired and achy etc so perhaps I have some kind of hormonal problem? Any way.. I'm not sure! I think I'll make an appointment next week

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    After a year its still mostly missing. :/ I put it down to bfing still & hormones.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Are you on contraception? I found being on the mini pill really made my libido disappear. I stopped bf at 12 months and went back on normal pill and then libido returned.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Subbing it took me 7 months after having dd and now its been 2 months since having ds and I dont want it anytime soon!
    Poor dh... I cant stand him touchy feely either. Lucky he's not pushy or id be even more put off

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm in the same boat. It's been almost 7 months since having my dd and there's still nothing. Unfortuneately my dh isn't so understanding, we fight about it, he puts the guilts on me about it, and eventually I just do it to keep him happy. It sucks, but what can ya do. Thinking about going on that horney goat weed stuff... But still unsure.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It's the same here, I figure it's because I'm breastfeeding and fertility hasn't returned yet. DS is 7 months.
    I feel totally in love with DP but the thought of DTD just doesn't even occur to me (thankfully he's fine with this since we're way too scared of getting pregnant again anyway) :P

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Pretty much as soon as I stopped bfing it came back.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    I did the fake it til you make it route after DS2 was born. Within a month or so, it was like something clicked. We now have more s.ex than we ever did when we first got together, usually at least once a day, I definitely feel as if it has made us a much closer couple also.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    With dd it took me years to really get back into the swing of things. Then with ds my libido came back about 4 months after having him

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    I'd say my libido is pretty much back. We tried a couple of times early on but it actually hurt so I couldn't continue. From about seven of eight months postpartum I was fine. We definitely don't do it as often as we used to but that's more because there's less opportunity!