+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Sick Leave

I've barely taken time off. I took 4 days off last year after suffering a miscarriage in August & even then it was hard to take the time off. I've even come into work on a scheduled annual leave day due to no staff. At the moment I'm run down & hence reason I'm unwell. I feel like I'm being tested. All the other staff seem to get their time off without question.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Sounds like you have one of those unfortunate dud bosses who really just wants you at work and gets the pips that you are a human being who *gasp* occasionally gets sick.

It's pretty insulting that they would question the legitimacy of your illness, which is what it sounds like they are doing.

Get well soon and don't let this mean boss push you into coming back until you are well again

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would call her on it. Say "are you questioning the legitimacy of my illness?". Then if she is take it to the union. If you're not in a union join one!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

RmumR  (30-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had a terrible boss for this once. I called in sick because I had a cold and horrible UTI so could hardly walk and had a raging temp. My boss was all concerned on the phone and said she'd courier over some meds and when I opened the door to the courier she had actually couriered over my laptop and client files so I could work from home!

Hope you're feeling ok op.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnybambino View Post
    I had a terrible boss for this once. I called in sick because I had a cold and horrible UTI so could hardly walk and had a raging temp. My boss was all concerned on the phone and said she'd courier over some meds and when I opened the door to the courier she had actually couriered over my laptop and client files so I could work from home!
    Work: It's medicine for the soul! 😂

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Apple iPhart6 For This Useful Post:

TableDancer  (29-01-2015),TheGooch  (29-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I really enjoyed my sick day at home & slept the afternoon away. Feeling refreshed. Bonus having husband home to make cups of tea. Feeling that the universe us looking after me today. I love my job but don't love my bosses diva demands at the best of times.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to bubbaBurke For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (30-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    I'm glad you had a good day...now get some sleep and get up bright and early for work tomorrow, sick is as sick does! 😂

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    glad you are feeling a bit better

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's inappropriate. The most I ever send to staff is "No problems, hope you feel better soon". When they return to work I will wish them the best. When it comes down to it you are entitled to personal leave, and I prefer that my staff take it if they need it (whether due to sickness, stress, or just needing a day off). Besides, there is no obligation for you to tell them what is actually wrong.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My previous workplace was awful. They acted exactly like that.
    I'm not sure with my new one yet.
    Glad you are feeling better.