+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Vitex - your experiences.

Hi everyone.
    Interested to know if you have used vitex - what did you use it for and what were the results? Would you reccomend it? Did you take it only certain days in your cycle or all the cycle??
    I would like to use it to regulate my cycles and shorten them.
    Thanks in advance ladies! X

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used it to try and get a regular cycle (I have pcos) in the hope of trying to conceive naturally (i have 2 IVF babies). I took the Thompson brand one and got a regular 32 day cycle for 4 months, I took it everyday . In the 4th month we tried to conceive and I did! So great success for me. Now 3 months pregnant.

Sent from my C6603 using The Bub Hub mobile app

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Addiegirl For This Useful Post:

Bub077  (27-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm thinking of giving it a try this time around. My cycles longer and irregular since.having my mirena remot

5. The Following User Says Thank You to bellaamore For This Useful Post:

Bub077  (27-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awesome!! Congratulations to you. I'm on month 3 of ttc baby number one. Tomorrow is cd42 is it ok to start tomorrow or do you have to start on cd1??

Thanks
    Reviews
    You should be fine to start taking it now. One of the girls on the other threads just did, after waiting forever for her first AF after coming off the pill. She got AF only a few days later.
    I started taking it to help with short cycles and short luteal phase. I would often ovulate late in my cycle, but would get AF on day 26, regardless of when I ovulated, so no baby had time to stick. I needed a lot of help to fall pregnant. Vitex has been like a miracle for me. I started taking it when I finished breastfeeding. My first two cycles were 34 and 39 days. Started taking vitex and every cycle since then has been either 27 or 28 days. I just had a FET cycle so ovulation was tracked, and it happened spot on day 14 (instead of day 16-17 when it used to!)
    Vitex is the best thing I could have done for my cycle, I really hope it works as well for you!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to octonaut For This Useful Post:

Bub077  (28-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just started taking it last week after @octonaut recommended
    I was cd35 and no AF, then 4 days later after taking vitex on cd39 AF came!!

I will continue to take it from now on. It is great to see that a lot of other people too have had a great experience taking vitex.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ah I'm glad you popped up Lauzie! I couldn't remember how to spell your username so I couldn't tag you. Lots of other people in our current cycling group are using it too @Bub077

11. The Following User Says Thank You to octonaut For This Useful Post:

lauzie  (27-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Vitex - your experiences.

I took it for pcos issues and fell preg with dd1 in 2010 ( she was born jan 2011). I was taking it again at the end of 2013 and ended up with an ectopic; I had stopped taking it and before I got the all clear from my gynaecologist I was pregnant again (all natural - dd2 arrived in oct 14)...

ETA: I'm not game enough to take it again!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've started taking Progestalift, which main component is vitex. One of the girls at work had been TTC for 4 months, took it last month and got a bfp! I hope it works for me.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to clucky_duck For This Useful Post:

Bub077  (28-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, checking in regarding vitex and if you should keep taking when you get your BFP?

I asked my doc yesterday and she didn't know anything about it. I have looked online and more often than not ladies have taken it up till 12 weeks.

Can anyone give me their thoughts, I am not seeing my OB till May 8th.

Thanks!