+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My daughter takes melatonin, it puts her to sleep well but I find she sleeps more restlessly now, jerks awake easier etc. Hope you get some answers soon xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Gosh, I totally feel for you LMy kid is the same and is now 21 months and did start to get a bit better from18 months.

Have you tried polaramine? We had to use it for him when he had severe foot andmouth because he hadn’t slept in days and the GP said to try it to try and givehim some relief. Ask the GP as you aren’t meant to use it under 2 but I don’t thinkis makes them go as hyper as phenergen can.

Is your child walking? I found once our fella startedwalking /running we had to run his batteries down in the afternoon to try and exhausthim. He is super active though, which is linked to his sleep.

Don’t feel bad, you’ve obviously tried many different things. Having a baby then toddler than refuses to sleep no matter what you try is EXHAUSTING.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had to resort to a sedative for Ds2 out of desperation. It's so hard when you get that tired.
    But we had no luck. The sedative made him groggy and loopy but he didn't sleep. The next day he was horribly cranky and tired.
    We have had more luck with a dietitian. He is now on a prescription formula. He was just hungry.
    He was bfing all the time at night and I thought it was just comfort.
    Talk to your gp. See if you can get a referral to a pead. They can give you more info on what might be stopping sleeping and the gp can give you a sedative to try in the meantime.
    Good luck hun.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So I've spoken to two GPs now and neither will give a referral for medication. I don't necessarily want to 'drug her every night', I just need her, myself, and DH to get some sleep for a bit until I can get her sleep issues sorted.

Anyway, one of the GPs referred us back to sleep school, who called me today offering a spot because someone cancelled for next week.
    THEN my stupidass manager won't let me have next week off, so I had to pass on it. I should just quit work. I'm too tired to even work! What a joke...
    Sorry, now I'm just venting.

The other GP told me about using antihistamine medications, she said many mothers do it from time to time, unfortunately with DD having a form of Turner syndrome, she's hesitant to really recommend it as it's linked to some heart issues, and many people with TS have heart problems, even though nothing had been picked up on DD to date.

Anyone got a genie in a bottle that they can lend me a spare wish? Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    You have mentioned seeing a sleep consultant but has she had a sleep study done? Have you seen an ENT to rule out problems with tonsils/adenoids?

My 2.5yr old daughter has recently had a sleep study and it shows she likely has reflux so we are trialling reflux medication at the moment. We also went to sleep school twice with no ongoing improvement.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jenga For This Useful Post:

alexis243  (28-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenga View Post
    You have mentioned seeing a sleep consultant but has she had a sleep study done? Have you seen an ENT to rule out problems with tonsils/adenoids?

My 2.5yr old daughter has recently had a sleep study and it shows she likely has reflux so we are trialling reflux medication at the moment. We also went to sleep school twice with no ongoing improvement.
    No sleep study done. Do I need a referral for it? Or contact someone directly? What does It involve?

Thanks
    Reviews
    A close friend of mines son had his tonsils removed in December and he now sleeps like a dream - might be worth having an ENT look into it. DD1 responded well to sleep school when I took her at 12mo but I understand the lack of sleep and how it affects you! Big hugs