+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default What school hours jobs are there...

As title says

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    If you want to avoid using before and after school care then there's not many options to work 9:30-2:30 but I would suggest retail. Possibly teachers aide work but that's very hard to get into.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I did housekeeping at a motel that was from 8am till anywhere between 11.30-12.30, there was a few of us working at once so the hours were less but you could find a job with more if it was just you doing it on your own.

I didn't have a resume or experience, I simply wrote a cover letter explaining my home cleaning duties and cleaning I was required to do in previous jobs before I became a stay at home mum and they were happy with that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Many child care centres have a 'lunch cover' shift to.cover staff for lunch breaks, say, 11-3. They might be qualified or unqualified positions.

babycake is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Funniest Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My sister does grocery merchandising. She sets her own hours, she can go into grocery stores anytime. Most of them have staff there from 4 am. She has to work anywhere between 15-20 hours per week depending on how much the store sells or the promotions tgey are running. She basically travels to the stores in her area, about 6 and orders, discusses any isssues with staff snd pops the stock out if they have not done it already. She can work any day Monday to Friday. On school holidays she starts at 4am or 5am and is home by 8am or 9am. During school terms she just drops the kids at school and is home about lunch. It is a great job, with great flexibility, she also gets mileage.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Teacher Aide! That is my job 😊

I had no experience per se, but volunteered at the school a bit then just handed in a resume and got a job!

All that is required is a blue card. Each school here in Qld is responsible for hiring their own staff

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know someone who is a daycare cook. Not all daycares have them but she works 8.30-3pm. She only has a food handling certificate.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I do admin/data entry/clerical work. It's not hard work to get into and a lot of non-retail employers have flexible hours.
    ATM I work 4hrs/day two days a week. Which days and when is up to me.