+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Yep my two boys (and my girl) have/have had baby dolls and they've all loved them. My DS2 who is three has claimed my two old Cabbage Patch dolls and renamed them Baby and Princess and he absolutely dotes on them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to maternidade For This Useful Post:

babycake  (26-01-2015),HappyBovinexx  (26-01-2015),TheGooch  (26-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yep DS is 3 and he asked for a baby for Christmas. We would have gotten him one anyway. Great for learning so many things and preparing the arrival of his little sister.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DS has one. He played with it for a while and called it his baby. I think it might make a comeback when is little sister arrives. I'm now in the search for a boy coloured stroller for him. DH didn't like the idea but it's a boy doll and when I got home with it he didn't mind as much. The doll never overshadowed his cars and trains though, they remained his favourite.

Sent from my SM-G900I using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got DS twin dolls from Kmart (boy & girl) and a pram, he absolutely loves them... We used them to teach him how to be gentle before DD arrived (didn't work!!) but he loves pushing them around, even uses them to copy me BFing DD, or boom as he calls it! My DH has no problem with it, as you said, he's might be a Dad someday :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyEL View Post
    I got DS twin dolls from Kmart (boy & girl) and a pram, he absolutely loves them... We used them to teach him how to be gentle before DD arrived (didn't work!!) but he loves pushing them around, even uses them to copy me BFing DD, or boom as he calls it! My DH has no problem with it, as you said, he's might be a Dad someday :-)
    Actually his are called Charlie & Lola, DH named them :-)

AdornedWithCats is online now Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    I got my ds a baby doll for christmas. First thing he does when he sees it is give it a kiss and a cuddle.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AdornedWithCats For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (26-01-2015),Mamasupial  (26-01-2015)

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    I bought DS a doll when he was 18 months old. Just a plain 'boy' doll (ie, with boy bits). DS is now 7.5 and will still play with it, especially when DD gets her equivalent doll and they play at changing nappies or feeding them.

I don't *make* DS play with his doll, his tutu, his tea set or any other 'girl' toy he has but they are there if he wants them. At home he can be anything he wants to be, secure in the knowledge that he will not be judged or ridiculed. If he wants to wear his tutu and have a tea party with his dolls and teddies he can. Same as if he wants to build a rocket ship with his lego or a speed track for his cars.

What does your DH think is going to happen to him?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Busy-bee he just said no he doesn't need to have a doll. He has a tea set and kitchen he loves so I dont think he thinks anything bad will happen he just thinks its not necessary for him to play with dolls as dh never did

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yup. Ds had a cabbage patch doll for a few years around age 2. He had a pram for it and loved taking it for walks and changing it's nappy ect. He was very gentle and cared for it a lot.
    He turned out to be THE most amazing big brother to dd1 now and he has always been very good with other peoples babies/kids.
    He also loves Lego, cars, sports and playing in the mud.
    All in all a balanced normal compassionate little boy.