+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Buying doll for boy

Ds is 2.5 and I really want to buy him a doll.. Not ones that cry or do anything just a baby doll from kmart or something. I think he will love taking care of it but dh doesnt want me to do it.
    So frustrating I said well one day he will be a dad too so why cant he pretend he is a daddy now with his doll baby?
    Im going to get it anyway.. Men.
    Has anyone bought a doll for their son and they loved it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yep two of my 3 sons had dolls with strollers and bottles etc. they both enjoyed it but one ds loved his soooooo much. It was named baby James (ds middle name) and he loved it to death. My oldest son had no interest hence why he didn't have one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yeah I bought DS one. He never played with it though. Ended up taking it to an op shop. DD has one and she loves it, she's much more nurturing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ds has one and loves feeding it and putting it to sleep etc. Big w have a boy one if you think that would go down better with your dh.

But I say if you think your ds will like it then go for it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    yes DS got a doll when he was 18mo.

It's great and he loves "his baby". He can do with his baby what we do with him. So he feeds him, kiss him, pat him to sleep, bath him etc
    Awesome educational toy. I read somewhere that dolls were the favorite toy of any young child, that they naturally go towards human face/shape.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yes, but he asked for it. We wouldn't have gotten it otherwise (same for DSD).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I bought one for DS a while ago - a really good one actually. I like it a lot more than he does

DS was more interested in pushing the doll's stroller around.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Looking after 'babies' is a phase most two year olds go through from my observation. At our play group you see a lot of boys fighting over the strollers and baby capsules! I bought a 'boy' doll (ie blue) from Kmart for our DS when I was pregnant with my second and found it was very useful in teaching gentleness and how to care for a baby. He enjoyed carrying it around for a few months and it didn't put him off his trucks and dinosaurs one little bit! My husband had an anatomically correct doll when he was a little boy; don't know if I'd go that far though!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    With 2 older sisters my DS has plenty of dolls to play with and loves putting them in the doll pram and pushing it around

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes & he loved it. It was the same as DD's doll, but DS declared his a boy and its dressed as one (in 000 boys baby clothes) Big W have the tinkers dolls, they're cuter than the kmart ones that are available now. (These are the fabric body, plastic hands/feet/head type) http://www.bigw.com.au/toys-sport/do...617-131022.htm