+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ending 5/6/15100 Posts in a week
    Free: a new park that you have never been and Take scooters. Bush walk, nature hike, beach, museum, science works, art gallery, botanic gardens, library, cook a new recipie and let kids do it all with directions from you, slip and slide, go and meet some elderly people at a retirement home, make kites out of newspaper and fly them, immigration museum, tour of vic police headquarters.

Money: zoo, werribe zoo, sovereign hill, kryal castle, mini golf, luna park, play cafe, hire a gaming console, movies, swimming pool, theatre, visit a farm and pick produce / see animals, take a factory tour,

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Free sunny:
    Beach
    Picnic
    Day trip to Dandenongs/Burnham Beeches
    Various free water play areas around melbourne (google them)
    Trip to the docklands
    Some children's farms are free (Ceres in Brunswick is, I think)

Free rainy:
    NGV galleries
    Shopping centres (some have soft play areas, some do kid's activities)

$$ those double decker bus tours are much cheaper than you'd imagine, and you can sometimes get groupon deals for them
    Anakie fairy park
    Kryal Castle (they're both out west but you included geelong so figured you don't mind traveling)
    Luna park

3. The Following User Says Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

Oblena  (26-01-2015)

Oblena is offline I've done it in public and I'll do it again - I don't care who sees!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dragon View Post
    Free- River, Beach, Different playgrounds, Library activities, Lysterfield lake, Day out to Badger weir, Camping, Bushwalks, Visit tree top walk Mt donna buang (snow in winter too), Walk through the city,

$$- Healesville santuary, Melb zoo, Aquarium, Melb Musuem, Laser Tag, Indoor trampoline centre, Chesterfield farm or Collingwood childrens farm, Swimming pool at greensbourough (watermarc) Adventure park geelong, Indoor rockclimbing, Movies, Old melb gaol,Roller skating, Ice skating, Dodgeball, See a Magic show or Comedy show, Go to a sushi bar or somewhere interesting for dinner.
    These are great ideas

I'll be back to comment on the other posts soon as I'm going out, but a quick read and I am thrilled - thanks
    Last edited by Oblena; 25-01-2015 at 16:53.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing. We're visiting melbourne in a fortnight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    (Sorry if some of these have been mentioned already!)

$
    - afternoon tea at a nice cafe (the Kallista Tea Rooms are lovely and a nice drive into the Dandenongs)
    - Collingwood Children's Farm - if you go on market day (check their website) it's only $2 entry
    - Melbourne Zoo/Healesville Sanctuary/Werribee Zoo - consider whether a membership is worth it: with a membership, it's free!

Free
    - parks, there are so many great ones!
    - library
    - scooter/bike ride

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mummyChubbles For This Useful Post:

Oblena  (26-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Love the idea

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    My kids loved ACME in the city that would be a great free rainy.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

Oblena  (26-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have just been to Melbourne about 2 weeks ago. We visited the zoo while we were there, it's rather expensive but loved it, kids also had a ball. Everyone got a treat from the zoo shop there too that was a bit exy too but won't visit again for a while. I also always like what's on at Federation Square, haven't visited for years though, thought it was usually free? It's also a bit out of Melbourne but love the coast, Great ocean road and down that area, also haven't visited for way too long. If you like the AFL the season is almost here for it again, used to love going to footy. Also one of those skydeck things? Rialto towers or something isn't it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @2BlueBirds i get the feeling we live in the same area. I can't imagine many people would have sanctuary lakes hotel on their list .
    Point cook homestead is nice too.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I find the zoo memeberships are so worth it. If you visit each of the 3 zoos once in the year thwn you have covered your membership. Also kids are free during school holidays i believe.

Free: children's garden at the botanical gardens. Baking, cookie decorating etc, water play at home, mud pies, homemade playdough (big winner in my house), treasure hunt. Park hunt (like a pub crawl but from park to park in your local area minus the alcoholic drinks )

$: train ride to a new area to explore, ten pin bowling. I think most of the attractions in melbourne have been mentioned.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

14. The Following User Says Thank You to jez For This Useful Post:

Oblena  (26-01-2015)