+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Starting IVF with Monash IVF 2015

Hi.
    I'm starting this post feeling positive and excited for the year ahead. 2014 was tough. The realities of unexplained infertility were difficult to accept but the decision to go through IVF with a supportive partner has made me feel like there is light at the end of the tunnel! I'm going through Dr Moses Abe at Monash IVF who is just a beautiful man. Last year I had a laparoscopy in September and have been on Clomid since. No issues found and all looks good inside. My partner had his sperm tested and has super sperm.. Lucky him! So now we're doing our final round of clomid with a trigger pen and then commencing the IVF journey. Paperwork has been filled out and we're ready to go. Are there any ladies going through Monash IVF or currently starting this journey. Would love to share this experience with you!
    Me - 31
    DH - 36
    Two dogs / three chooks

Thanks
    Reviews

hi there, I am also new to this. I had my egg pick up and froze 13 embryos I have started my thaw process and am taking it as it comes. I'm just about to start my oestrogen tablets as of tomorrow to get my lining thickened. I scan on tues and go from there. Fingers crossed it works the first go. I would love to learn more upon your journey and help if I can with anything you may be unsure about
    Last edited by mags83; 17-02-2015 at 14:42.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck Ky Kel. I am with Monash and Moses has done a couple of transfers for me. He does seem lovely.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My GP has just referred me to Dr Moses Abe. I'm glad to hear good this about him but it doesn't ease my nerves for the process ahead. Good luck with your IVF journey.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Seems like a few of us are starting around the same time. It's very confusing how it all works. We had our counselling session (which I felt was a rehash of what we already knew) and have an appointment to work out my protocol. I'm just winging it at the moment and looking forward to some action! I go to Newtown natural fertility clinic too which dr Abe has an association with so hopefully they work well together!

Thanks
    Reviews
    What sort of protocol were you ladies put on?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi... Hope i can join in here! I've had two unsuccessful iui's and now about to embark on my first ivf cycle!

I don't have a cycle, so I start the pill tomorrow for 3 weeks then stop for a bleed and into injections!!

Excited but nervous journey ahead! Any experiences or info welcomed

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Jenandsquid welcome hun. I just had my embryo transfer for my first ivf attempt. I did iui once but my ovaries we're over stimulated hence the reason I moved on and got my egg pick up!! What are you unsure about hun? More than happy to help out. Think I positive all the way through and were here to chat xxxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mags83 thanks!!!

I'm confused as to how the body knows there is an embryo that's been put in fertilized and how it then connects with it to grow it..

I can understand if you ovulate and then egg and sperm meet inside, your body knows the next step... But if you don't ovulate, how's does it know to continue the steps??

Does that make sense?

Lol I sound like a mad woman, for someone who knows a lot about her body, I'm confused about that!!

Thanks
    Reviews

@Jenandsquid no you don't sound like a mad woman it's actually a good question. Well for me I'm on oestrogen and progesterone so apparently your body releases a certain amount when you ovulate. The docs basically take over with the meds they give you and make your body believe you have, or have created an egg etc. I hope this make sense... You got me on this question honestly!! I hope I'm not wrong!! I'll ask to find out hehe