+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothel View Post
    I've signed up for full time study at uni this year, but i don't work *cough* i mean I'm not in paid employment ha ha. I'll be doing 4 units and they say they expect you to devote 10 hours a week to each unit. Between work and study that would leave you with the equiv of a 6-day week plus family time. It would be pretty full on! I don't think i would attempt it but thats because i tend to fall apart when over-stressed. You might be different.

What uni course are you interested in? If you can find a diploma or certificate in the same line, that can act as a steeping stone into a degree. Eg my nursing degree will be three years full time but i could do a nursing diploma first (18m full time) then get a years credit off the degree. I ended up enrolling for the degree but my youngest is of to school this year and I'll have 30+ kid free hours every week so I can manage it while still having some down time with the kids.

If you feel you want to study and increase your options, good on you, go for it, but first think about how many hours you can spare a week then look for something with that kind of study load.
    I was looking into Human Resources, although there are heaps of other degrees that interest me as well.
    I was thinking about even being a tainer/assessor in child care.

But I'm so up in the air about what I want to do. That's the hardest part.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    yeah they said I can do 3 semesters, so maybe I could pick up the additional units over the semester 3 instead of doing all 4 units each semester

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Can you do a 75% study load. That's what I did (mostly), and it was doable. I don't think I could've handled fulltime.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to CMF For This Useful Post:

nicolier  (25-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's doable but hard work. I'm single mum of a 5yr old I work school hours and study 5 hours a night on average so its fair to say exhausted all the time but it's extremely rewarding.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to superbuns For This Useful Post:

nicolier  (25-01-2015)