+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I have 3 years between my first and second, then 2 years between second and third ( so 5 years between 1st and 3rd), then another 2 years between 3rd and 4th .
    All up its 7 years between oldest and youngest.
    I've even toyed with the idea of one more, I to and fro it.. Youngest will be 5 in July ( oldest just turned 12) so my time is running out

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi there, my boys were almost 5 and 6 years old when DD was born - one at school and the next one heading off to school, when DD arrived. The huge age gap made the first 12 months very easy as to older ones were more independent- it was fabulous. Logistics are a little tougher though, especially as DD is now a spirited 2 year old- she wont sit in a pram and loves to run! So school pick up, for example, can be difficult managing all 3. Also, there are some things we don't do all together, so we try to go to the footy and movies without DD sometimes so the older ones don't miss out. Everything just requires that bit more organising. We agonised for 4 years before we decided to go for a third- very glad we did, overall, however, I do acknowledge that things aren't always easy- a bit more juggling. Plans like travel etc have been put on hold a bit, things like that. But, none of that lasts forever, and overall, the age gap has been good and having 3 is a blessing. I was 37 when DD was born. All the best.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have 20 months between my first two as well and then my second and third there is a 30 month age gap. I have 2 DD's who are the older ones, a 6 yr old and 4 yr old, the 2 older children are also a tight unit. They are both girls so have a sisterly bond and do everything together, share a bedroom. My DS was my third baby and has just turned 2, he does get left out a fair big bit. But my DD's also both protect him although he isn't into the same stuff so does get excluded. I also believe you just adapt though. I don't think it matters too much, they will love each other regardless even though there might be times wherr they don't have so much in common. Will be interesting to see how they all go once they are all older though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Mum told me a 2 year or a 5 year gap work best

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a 6 year old, 5 year old and a 1 year old. I love the 4year gap. I had horrible morning sickness, and was really thankful that the boys could be self sufficient if I was having a horrible day. They adore their sister, no jealousy, and are very understanding when we are a little tied up with her (especially in the early days). It was good timing with school/preschool because I felt that each was receiving stimulation/doing activities during the day rather than being parked in front of the tv during the rough/early newborn days. Only downside was successfully getting out of the house and everyone dropped off to school by 9!
    i love the gap, wouldn't change a thing

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm pregnant with my 5th and they are 17 11 6 4. So the gaps are 6.5yrs, 4.5 yrs , 2yrs 9 months, and again about 4.5 yrs.
    the6.5 gap are opposite sexes and the gaps a bit too much. They've always gotten along well enough but not had much in common.
    4.5 seems to work well enough, both boys so that helps.
    2 yrs 9months gap get along great, although again both boys.
    I think it will be ok, your big kids will prob dote on the baby. And u can always go for 4 😄 then u have two big kids and two little kids

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpysmurf View Post
    I'm pregnant with my 5th and they are 17 11 6 4. So the gaps are 6.5yrs, 4.5 yrs , 2yrs 9 months, and again about 4.5 yrs.
    the6.5 gap are opposite sexes and the gaps a bit too much. They've always gotten along well enough but not had much in common.
    4.5 seems to work well enough, both boys so that helps.
    2 yrs 9months gap get along great, although again both boys.
    I think it will be ok, your big kids will prob dote on the baby. And u can always go for 4 ������ then u have two big kids and two little kids
    My bold- there's 17 months between me and my brother, and we do not get along at all, and have nothing in common. 7 years between him and our sister, they don't get along and have nothing in common (whereas she and I did, but no longer do). 6 years between her and our brother, they get along okish, he doesn't get along with older brother, and adores me. Then 4.5 years between him and the youngest girl- we all get along with her, again except for the older (younger than me) boy.

It's personalities rather than age gaps. My male friend has 3 kids- 16 months between the first 2, and 2.5 years between the last two. None of them get along. Female friend has 3, around the same ages, and they all get along.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah absolutely.
    Between my 2nd and 4th there is 7 yrs and they get along great so u def have a valid point there, sorry
    The older 2, where said gaps a bit much, are super super diff in personality and that's absolutely the point of difference between them. My oldest is very outgoing, responsible mature, not too forgiving then her brother has ASD and is very shy, yet quite challenging to get along with. So u are absolutely right it's the personalities not the age gap that's the problem poorly worded on my part sorry

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    4.5 yrs and 3.5 yrs gap here.

Absolutely the best decision for us.

My sis has a 22 month gap and the issues that stem from that have never been a problem for me due to my larger gap.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    I have a 26 month gap between 1 & 2 and 1 month short of a 3 year gap between 2 & 3 (so 5yrs 1 month between 1 & 3)

Now they are 6.5, 4.5 and 19 months old. DS1 and DS2 are bestest buds but they never leave DS3 out. There are a lot of things he cant do with them yet, (ie lego, video games etc ) but im actually quite lucky in that they're all really really close and they play together all the time.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to peanutmonkey For This Useful Post:

NoteToSelf  (26-01-2015)