+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Cows Milk

This has probably been asked so many times! Sorry about that.

DS is 11 months, I've been looking into when I should change to cows milk, I know it's 12 months but my question... How do I do it? How much cows milk? Should he still be having formula?

Also how much formula a day should he be on? He's going through moments where he will drink 4 x 180mls a day and other days he won't drink that much. He has 3 meals a day, should I be increasing him to having snacks between breakfast and lunch and lunch and dinner and reducing how much formula he has?

Sorry if this is all so stupid to ask, ftm and not sure how I should be doing it.

Thank you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    years ago when i changed DS to cows milk I would exchange 1 scoop for cows milk, so if he was 210 mls and 4 scoops, i did the 3 scoop measurement of formula and made up the remainder in cows milk... does that make sense? Once i knew he wasnt allergic to milk, i reduced the formula scoops until the tin was used up and he was on full cows milk by his 1st birthday..

He was also having morning tea and afternoon tea and i always offered water with meals and through out the day as we lived in Brisbane and it was summer.. I think from memory by the time he was 1 he was on 3-4 bottles a day.
    Last edited by Louise41; 24-01-2015 at 11:21.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We just switched straight to cows milk and DS didn't have any problem. No idea what I would have done if he didn't like it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Cows Milk

By 12 months he should be getting most his of nutrients from food, if he is not then start increasing his solid intake and decreasing formula - cows milk is just a drink , it's not a formula alternative and won't give him all the vitamins/minerals/fats he needs - I kept DS on formula until he was 14 months old and I was sure he was meeting his nutritional requirements from food ( only 100ml a day by that time!) I never gave him cows milk as I didn't feel it was any benefit to him at that stage

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

ThenThereWereThree  (24-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Subbing as I'm beginning to ask similar questions too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Amber4304 View Post
    We just switched straight to cows milk and DS didn't have any problem. No idea what I would have done if he didn't like it
    Same

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies!
    I'm thinking I'll hold off for a bit, DS is struggling with constipation, the doctor has done bloods and all that so waiting to hear but I think if I change it or start introducing it now it may cause a few difficulties and add to the problem.

Ahh I just don't know! Lol