+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You could try my fitness pal, it's a free app you can use to log your calories. It has the calorie and nutrition information of most foods also. I find it a very easy way to log what I eat.

I also find planning out healthy meals and snacks helpful as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Louise41 View Post
    this is me... im an emotional eater.. i am stressed and i eat alot of bad things.. i need to get this sorted..

how did you find what to eat to keep in the 1200 cals a day? is there a guide to what each food is worth cal wise?
    I used the my fitness pal app, I wasn't super strict but just a general follow
    It was a big shock with how many calories are in some things, i can now look at something and think oh yeah roughly x calories per serving,
    A cheap set o kitchen scales helped me realise what an actual serving was. To, my serving was often 2 or more times a standard serving

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ThenThereWereThree View Post
    I used the my fitness pal app, I wasn't super strict but just a general follow
    It was a big shock with how many calories are in some things, i can now look at something and think oh yeah roughly x calories per serving,
    A cheap set o kitchen scales helped me realise what an actual serving was. To, my serving was often 2 or more times a standard serving

thanks will be getting scales tomorrow

Thanks
    Reviews
    A bit of an alternative weight loss method that has been gaining a bit of momentum is low carb high fat (LCHF). It is really the only thing that has worked for me - as well as quitting sugar- they kind of go together.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleBug'sMum View Post
    A bit of an alternative weight loss method that has been gaining a bit of momentum is low carb high fat (LCHF). It is really the only thing that has worked for me - as well as quitting sugar- they kind of go together.
    sugar is my killer, its why I found calorie counting worked for me, I could factor in some chocolate or a bottle of coke or serve of chips if I felt like it,
    If I dont have sugar I feel so crap headahes, tired, can barely function (although I consume alot of energy drinks so taht doesnt help)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ThenThereWereThree View Post
    sugar is my killer, its why I found calorie counting worked for me, I could factor in some chocolate or a bottle of coke or serve of chips if I felt like it,
    If I dont have sugar I feel so crap headahes, tired, can barely function (although I consume alot of energy drinks so taht doesnt help)
    A lot of people find that when they initially quit sugar they feel like you describe for the first week or 2, but if you can get past that you start to feel better than ever.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to LittleBug'sMum For This Useful Post:

ThenThereWereThree  (24-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    A things that worked for me to shed 17kg was- cut out white processed carbs- bread, pasta, biscuits etc. Fruit and yoghurt for breakfast, or eggs, green soup for lunch (whatever green veg I had around boiled in stock then blended), dinner would be protein and veg or salad, or a wet veg curry or stir fry- portion control was important- I ate meals out of a cup (1 cup serve) or on a small plate. The first few weeks were tough- then never looked back really. Whole, real foods cooked from scratch, I didn't count calories. All the best with your journey!

ps: joining a bubhub weight loss group was fabulous support for each other and kept me accountable.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to littleriv For This Useful Post:

Louise41  (24-01-2015)

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Ooh and I agree, whole food from scratch it the best.

So...if you cook anything, double it and freeze half. That way when you really can't be arsed putting in the effort there is always a healthy option at your fingertips that will be ready quicker than the pizza will arrive :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm using my fitness pal and I was under eating by a lot.
    Now I can plan my day in the app and just make sure I eat it all. If not I change it at the end of the day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleBug'sMum View Post

soft drink is my downfall... esp about 3pm ugg this is going to be hard