+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    tazz475 is offline Holy banjo, check out boob mountain!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I had all four out in hospital under a general. I felt no pain whatsoever!!! The only time I was uncomfortable was when I slept on the same side for a while at night, I would get a weird pressure feeling in my jaw but apart from that I would hardly have known I'd had them out.

The stitches were also kinda annoying and the huge holes take forever to fill themselves in and stop getting food stuck in them. I found it really weird when the stitches came out, it looks like there's a 2 inch hole in your gumline!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to tazz475 For This Useful Post:

Elijahs Mum  (23-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had mine out in hospital when I was 16. It was agesssss ago so I can't remember much but I do remember looking like a chipmunk and eating jelly for a week lol

I did have bruising on both sides but otherwise I just remembered to take the painkillers. I had a week off school too

My 4 were growing in sideways but it was a straightforward procedure under GA

4. The Following User Says Thank You to zooey For This Useful Post:

Elijahs Mum  (23-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had all 4 out in the chair under sedation about 4 years ago.

Had them out on the Thursday afternoon and was sent on my merry way home by the dentist with some panadiene forte. For me it barely touched the sides and once the numbing wore off I ended up at A & E that night getting Tramadol which worked a treat and knocked me out for 12 hours!

Friday was still quite sore but the Tramadol definitely took the edge off and I slept most of the day. Saturday I felt a great improvement and I think I had some yoghurt and jelly.

By Sunday I was feeling a lot better and managed to go for a walk and out for lunch and managed to eat a bowl of pasta. I would say it took about 5 days to feel a good bit better but for me the first 24-48 hours were the worst.

It's an individual thing though as I have heard if people managing pain with paracetamol alone.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Pumpkin1106 For This Useful Post:

Elijahs Mum  (24-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 26/6/14
    I had mine out under GA due to odd growing location. Was ok after a day or 2 just icky cleaning my mouth with salty water the first few times. I think i had a week off work and had 1 night in hospital as an in patient.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Me&Smooches For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Wisdom teeth! 😁

I had my 4 out because they were growing sideways and 4 extras when I was getting braces. It was under GA at a private hospital, was discharged in the arvo and I didn't need the pain killers they gave me for home. My only complaint is the cold mushy food you need to eat for 24 hours after! You get sick of custard, jelly and cold soup etc really quickly!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Zeddie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had two of mine out just before Christmas under IV sedation. I was terrified too! I couldn't get my head around them saying I'd be 'lucid' but wouldn't remember anything - but they were right! It was exactly like I went to sleep and woke up again. All I could think afterwards was 'why did I wait this long to do this?!'

But I will say, make sure you follow their after care instructions. I rinsed with the mouthwash they gave me too forcefully and ended up with 'dry socket' and an infection and I cleaned my teeth with an electric toothbrush while my mouth was still a bit numb and pulled my gum off my jaw! I didn't know I'd done it, just thought it was annoying that I was still feeling like I needed pain killers a week after....then I went back to the dentist for the checkup 3 weeks later and they realised what had happened. I needed strong antibiotics to fix it. But without the damage I did to myself, honestly, it would have all been a breeze - and I had full periodontal cleaning done at the same time!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to HillDweller For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My operations tomorrow! Getting a bit nervous but glad to be getting rid of them!

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Eeeek! I had all mine taken out under a GA about 11 years ago. Mine were all fully impacted. I was very tender and swollen afterwards, made for a good Marlon Brando Godfather impersonation. Lots of ice packs and mushy food.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Both DH and I have had them out under general. Mine was an easy recovery, just put ice packs on when I got home, ate ice cream for the first day before moving on to warmer food (read kfc potato & gravy). Holes were small for me and healed really quickly. They gave me panadeine forte for the pain but I only took it once as a precaution and was fine. DH had 4 wisdom teeth plus the one next to them on the bottom on each side, so 6 out all up. He felt amazing afterwards as he was in so much pain before it was just a relief for them to be gone. So his recovery was basically pain free. He did swell a bit as he didn't use ice packs afterwards and found that he felt like food fell jnto the holes for quite a while after but I put that down to him having so many removed. All told, we both had really good recoveries and were back to eating completely normally by the time a week was up. Good luck OP for your operation, I hope your recovery goes smoothly.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Penny88 For This Useful Post:

Elijahs Mum  (20-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Wisdom teeth! 😁

I went under IV sedation but only had 2 out. This was 3 months ago.
    I am so bloody terrified of needles at the best of times but the thought of one going in my hand was almost enough to faint! It was surprisingly relaxing, super quick and recovery time was almost instantaneous.
    I was pretty hopped out on the drugs that day so I don't remember much except that I was so numb in my mouth I could barely drink. After about day 3 everything felt much better and normal again.

Good luck @Elijahsmum! Im sure everything will work out

18. The Following User Says Thank You to azelqra For This Useful Post:

Elijahs Mum  (20-02-2015)