+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Wisdom teeth! 😁

Who has had their wisdom teeth out and can tell me happy stories! I'm getting all 4 out next month under IV sedation by an oral surgeon and I'm so nervous!!! I hate going to the dentist at the best of times but now I have no choice!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Subbing. I had one out a few days ago but will be getting the other three out next month at the same time (in the chair!). I had a day of pain but feeling good now.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Happymum2 For This Useful Post:

Elijahs Mum  (23-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    I've had my top two out in the chair but I need my bottom two out under sedation. I have done for years but haven't gotten around to it yet. I'm a little bit scared!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Apple iPhart6 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had mine all out under general anaesthetic. I actually loved the feeling of going under the anaesthetic, it was like drifting into the best sleep ever. Recovery wise, was mostly swelling and tenderness - stick to your pain relief regime religiously the first few days. Was eating soft foods for about 5 days - living on KFC potato and gravy, then slowly building up texture from there.

Hope it goes well for you!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mummyChubbles For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Had all four out in hospital when I was 21 (long time ago). Went really well, had a few days off for recovery, but felt so much better than the constant pain the teeth were causing. Good luck x

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsSS For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had terribly impacted wisdom teeth that I had put off having out until last year (when I was mid 30s!). I was so freaking nervous, but it was absolutely fine. The anaesthetist came and spoke to me first and was very reassuring, and then the wheeled me in to the theatre. The nurse was making lighthearted small talk as the dr administered the anaesthetic and all I felt was a sense of calm and then the next thing I knew I was waking up and it was all over and I could hear the voices of the recovery nurses.

The first night I felt like I was walking on air - I must have been high as a kite from the medications but just felt utterly euphoric, lol. The next day I started to feel the pain and discomfit more.

For about a week I felt a bit sore and sorry, and just drank lots and had lots of mushed up food like mashed potato.

All up it was nowhere near as scary as I'd thought it would be and I should have done it years ago. The younger you are the better your recovery apparently, but I didn't have any major issues even though I was mid 30s.

Good luck! My whole mouth feels so much healthier and better now that they're gone and I get sick a lot less as well! Definitely worth it.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MissMuppet For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Wisdom teeth! 😁

I had all 4 out at 17
    Apparently it took around 40mins
    Woke up not remembering a thing- in the chair light sedation like yourself
    My mum drove me home.
    I felt slight nausea for a few mins
    The pain hung around for around 48 hours and had a HUGE swollen face lol

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Kazza78 For This Useful Post:

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DH went to have his done yesterday but they sent him home because the aneasthetist didn't want to put him under for several reasons.

I'm sure yours will be smooth sailing @Elijahsmum

15. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I had mine out in my early 20's, in the dentist's chair. Thank goodness for happy gas!

Afterwards the pain wasn't too bad, but unfortunately I had to go back to the dentist the next day because one of the holes wouldn't stop bleeding. I had to get a stitch in my gum.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Thanks guys - I'm sure it will be fine but I hate the anxiousness ! One tooth is impacted and sore which is why I had to suck it up and go see my dentist and he just said it's better to take them all out at the same time - now I have to wait 3 weeks until they could fit me in!