+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had him up for 45 mins just played, fed him then wind down time. Trying again now. Hes being silly in his cot at the moment like he did last time.

We cant call sleep school unfortunately, we are meant to just follow up with gp or child health. Not sure if my gp knows much about the specific methods they use at sleep school & I dont go to child health.

Theres no friends or family I can ask to come over & help as everyone work full time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    Try and think back, was there anything different about the room he self settled in at sleep school and where he is now?
    The room aas completely empty apart from the cot. Cant really do that at home as we dont have a big enough house to put his chest of drawers & change table & the nursing chair anywhere else

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    How is he going, has he gone to sleep this time? Stay strong, you can do this!
    Do you think you go in earlier than your DH when he starts to cry? I know when I'm on my own I find it harder to leave them than when DH is here. I often look at the clock and when I feel I should go in I say if he hasn't stopped crying in 2 mins I will go in because sometimes they have a little cry just before they fall asleep.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to LittleBug'sMum For This Useful Post:

debsch  (23-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also I think you're in QLD, you can always call 13health and ask to speak to a child health nurse I think, they should have an idea of the methods used at sleep school. It is a but rough that the sleep school doesn't provide any over the phone help for when you get home.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well hhe was asleep but just woke up & now he wont stop screaming. I wish I could go back to sleep school I dont know how to do this by myself

Thanks
    Reviews
    you can do it... just take one step at a time... if you can , write down what you remember they did at the sleep school and what you did and go through it step by step.. you can do this, you know your baby is fine, you know your baby can do it , hes shown you that, just take a deep breath and start over again.. it will get better and you know that. You are his mummy and you can do this.. i have alot of faith in you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ive done it step by step all afternoon. I finally got him down for him to wake screaming after 20 mins & so im now doing his bedtime routine & he wont stop screaming when im not even trying to put him down cause hes so overtired. No idea how on earth im going to get him down tonight without rocking him probably just have to wait for him to hysterically scream himself to sleep in my arms, however long that takes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hug's - sometimes it is really hard. There will be bumps in the road. I would still try and put him down as per your bedtime routine if you can get him to settle enough.
    If you can't, it's not the end of the world, tomorrow is a new day.
    Will your DH be home tomorrow to give you a hand?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to LittleBug'sMum For This Useful Post:

MrsSS  (23-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hes in his cot SCREAMING. He calms when I go in but the second I leave he starts again. Obviously this only works at sleep school & not at home. Guess ill go back to rocking cause I cant fight this battle on my own

Thanks
    Reviews
    Still SCREAMING. I cant do this. He wont go to sleep so no idea what im meant to do now except rock him