+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Can you go over your rough timings for sleeps again?
    Curious about this. What your times were and what your times are when u are pushing him out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Vicpark it varies a little but he usually wakes at 6/6.30am. So then first sleep is 8/8.30am (two hours awake - i pushed this to 2 & a half hours today which seemed fine).

Then he usually sleeps for at least an hour, sometimes up to 2.

Then i do two hours awake time (pushed this out to 2 & a half today), then he has a sleep around lunchtime. Again this is usually 1-2 hours (today it was just a catnap though, not sure why).

Then i do two hours awake time then try for another sleep, which is the one he usually refuses.

Then depending on afternoon sleep /how long he has been awake, i start his bedtime routine between 4.30 & 5pm. On a good day in bed by 6, otherwise 5.30

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    And asleep no probs 6pm-6am?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by heartstringz View Post
    Vicpark it varies a little but he usually wakes at 6/6.30am. So then first sleep is 8/8.30am (two hours awake - i pushed this to 2 & a half hours today which seemed fine).

Then he usually sleeps for at least an hour, sometimes up to 2.

Then i do two hours awake time (pushed this out to 2 & a half today), then he has a sleep around lunchtime. Again this is usually 1-2 hours (today it was just a catnap though, not sure why).

Then i do two hours awake time then try for another sleep, which is the one he usually refuses.

Then depending on afternoon sleep /how long he has been awake, i start his bedtime routine between 4.30 & 5pm. On a good day in bed by 6, otherwise 5.30
    This is probably not the best suggestion however at the moment dd is getting up at roughly about the same time in the mornings and having her morning nap at 830ish, she sleeps for 2-2.5 hours the lunch time nap is generally a cat nap of 30 mins- an hour the her late afternoon one is about 2 hours again. She then goes down at 6 and sleeps through till 6 in the morning.
    Do you think maybe dropping his midday nap down to say an hour when he has an afternoon nap he might be easier to settle?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week

Default Sleep school update

That's a very long bed time routine IMO. I'm not sure what others do but at that age or was 5-10 minutes of books. A 10 minute bath, 5 mins to get into PJs and sleepy bag, cuddles and top up feed of around 20 minutes and into bed - total time 45 minutes, them we dropped the top up feed once on solids and that's 25 minutes.

You mentioned your routine yesterday and it sounds like too many steps.

What was his schedule at sleep school and bed time routine?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

DizzyDaisy  (31-01-2015),GlitterFarts  (01-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sleep school focussed on getting him to sleep, they never mentioned anything about my bedtime routine. Ill try & shorten it a bit. But he seriously only has a 5 minute book & a 5-10 minute bath. Feeds take ages cause he's constantly distracted, pulling off to look around, i think that is where the time is going.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by heartstringz View Post
    Sleep school focussed on getting him to sleep, they never mentioned anything about my bedtime routine. Ill try & shorten it a bit. But he seriously only has a 5 minute book & a 5-10 minute bath. Feeds take ages cause he's constantly distracted, pulling off to look around, i think that is where the time is going.
    So they just whisked him off to bed at night without any routine in the lead up? No bath, no feed?

Thanks
    Reviews
    They let me do the routine i was already doing & made no comment about changing it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    The move to 2.5 hour gaps between sleeps sounds good. Apart from cutting the third late afternoon nap, I would suggest a little more awake time before the final night bedtime. Instead of 2.5 hours try 3-4.
    Try not to let total for day naps exceed 4 hours.

Eg 6am wake
    8:30-9:30 sleep
    12-2:30pm sleep
    6pm bed.

Just an idea - you change the specific times if the day naps depending on when bub wakes.

I would be offering solids first at lunch and dinner. Just one boob feed no top up. If bub is fluffing around taking an hour for a feed at that age then bub is not hat hungry. Put a limit of 30 minutes max.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

azelqra  (03-02-2015),heartstringz  (01-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    The move to 2.5 hour gaps between sleeps sounds good. Apart from cutting the third late afternoon nap, I would suggest a little more awake time before the final night bedtime. Instead of 2.5 hours try 3-4.
    Try not to let total for day naps exceed 4 hours.

Eg 6am wake
    8:30-9:30 sleep
    12-2:30pm sleep
    6pm bed.

Just an idea - you change the specific times if the day naps depending on when bub wakes.

I would be offering solids first at lunch and dinner. Just one boob feed no top up. If bub is fluffing around taking an hour for a feed at that age then bub is not hat hungry. Put a limit of 30 minutes max.
    Totally off topic for a second, would that routine work for a 6 month old or is she still a bit young? Dd has a 2 hour sleep in the morning, I think shes trying to drop her mid morning/lunchtime nap to have another 2 hour nap at about 2? I also give her breakfast and dinner.