+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Hes 7 months? Is that right?
    Have you tried breakfast in the morning the say dinner at 5ish at night.. he will get used to it, change takes some time..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I wasnt sure if I should give him 3 meals a day when he is not eating any of it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    When you say he won't eat it.... does he stick his tongue out when you feed him and push it all out. Or does he just not like the food you offer?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by heartstringz View Post
    I wasnt sure if I should give him 3 meals a day when he is not eating any of it.
    I would be offering it..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    When you say he won't eat it.... does he stick his tongue out when you feed him and push it all out. Or does he just not like the food you offer?
    As in I mostly cant even get it into his mouth, he either turns away or grabs the spoon & plays with it - if he puts it in his mouth himself & gets any of the food he spits it out. He only very occasionally swallows a tiny tiny bit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AMC14 View Post
    I would be offering it..
    Ok ill try. What kind of thing should I give him for breakfast & dinner? Lunch is usually fruit

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    As in I mostly cant even get it into his mouth, he either turns away or grabs the spoon & plays with it - if he puts it in his mouth himself & gets any of the food he spits it out. He only very occasionally swallows a tiny tiny bit.
    Honestly this is just the early stages of tasting. Let him play with the spoon. .. And taste bits here and and there. He doesn't need to eat a certain amount. If you feel confident give him foods he can stick in it and suck off. Like a raw carrot stick. This is big enough he can't bite it. .. Or chew it... But it provides a taste. He can dip it in the puree and suck it off. There's lots of food like that you can try.
    You need to stop thinking that he needs to eat some. . He just needs to explore.
    Also those rusks can be good to suck on. He has control of that. Those babymumum crackers. And they are great for spreading avocado or dips or puree on for tastes.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

GlitterFarts  (30-01-2015),TheGooch  (30-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Dinner puree up some sweet potato, it has a nicer flavour than just potato. I usually steam it then puree it with a bit of water from the saucepan.

Breakfast I use nestle cerelac with cooled boiled water and some apples or pears mixed in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    He'll take a bit to get used to the textures and flavours but he will get there. He may even sleep and settle better with something more in his belly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Ok ill try. What kind of thing should I give him for breakfast & dinner? Lunch is usually fruit
    At 7 months I would be offering real meals and not just fruit. At least 20% protein (meat/lentils) for lunch and dinner

Eg
    brekky: baby porridge wih purée pear mixed in
    Lunch: beef casserole and rice (purée if needed or just finely diced) followed by purée pear for dessert
    Dinner: grated cheese to eat with fingers, chicken pasta bake (purée if needed) followed by custard

Make sure there is at least an hour between a milk feed and when you offer solids (so bub is hungry enough).