+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Were you feeding him solids at sleep school?

Just wondering if you're feeding him 'differently' so he's hungry.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to misho For This Useful Post:

MrsSS  (29-01-2015),VicPark  (29-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Misho I was giving him the same amount of solids im giving at home & he doesn't eat any of it anyway, so nothimg has changed there.

We've had some good sleeps over the past day or so but now he wont go to sleep this arvo. There were no tired signs at all (I watched him for his entire awake time), he didn't rub his eyes even, which he usually does. Then I finally saw a yawn & it was right on the 2hr mark as well so straight into bed - now he wont settle. So now hes obviously going to do this to me again. No cues at all till he yawns, then when he yawns its too late.

Edit: happening again - coming up on 45 mins of trying now & he's still screaming. So now I get to get him up in 15 mins, try & feed an overtired cranky baby, try & get him ready for bed then carry him up & down the hall when he wont stop screaming until dh gets home at 6.30/7pm. Oh yay.
    Last edited by heartstringz; 30-01-2015 at 16:11.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh & when hes like this, he screams until I go in, then he starts laughing (note, he is yawning, so he is tired). So do I just leave him to scream? he wont settle when im in there cause he's rolling around laughing. So confused

Thanks
    Reviews
    Did the sleep school point out any tired signs? For me, if my babies were yawning they were overtired.
    I wouldnt allow any screaming, I would take him out and try again in 15 mins.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope I asked like a hundred times for help with picking his tired cues & they only told me the list of generic ones.

He'll just scream again in 15 mins if I try again (past experience) & probably scream that entire 15 mins of up time as well

Thanks
    Reviews
    I give up with this sleep, its obviously not happening. Too bad ive hurt my neck so I wont be able to carry him around the house so he'll just have to scream till dh gets home if I cant rock him to sleep.
    He sometimes settles ok in the morning & lunch time so ill give him those sleeps if he doesn't scream & just wont bother trying in the afternoon. Yes that means he'll be awake from about 1pm till bedtime at about 5.30 but so be it, he will not sleep in the afternoon so no idea what else to do.
    Last edited by heartstringz; 30-01-2015 at 16:29.

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    hi heartstingz, it worries me when you say he is screaming so much. do you really mean screaming? or do you mean a crying?, whinging,? complaining,? I dont understand how he can be screaming, and then laughing in the next breath. I think he could be now getting old enough to know when he needs to sleep , I would really stop worrying about the clock and just let him set his own schedule. so long as you are sure he is getting enough to eat and he has no other problem , I would let the sleep routine just fly out the window. you have stressed about this enough. hugs marie.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to SuperGranny For This Useful Post:

GlitterFarts  (30-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    No I mean screaming. Till he is gagging on his saliva. Then as soon as I go in he starts laughing. I dont understand it either, but hes always done it & thats why ive struggled so much with sleeping & settling

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Heartstringz, I'm sorry you're having such a tough time. Some advice i was given which has helped me in tough times is: Crying babies stop. Thinking that has really helped me when the crying seems endless. Wishing you all the best.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok I would like to just go with him supergranny, how do I do that? Im not sure if he'll just fall asleep wherever he happens to be (play mat, rocker etc) when he is tired. How do I give him the opportunity to decide when he is tired & just fall asleep?