+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by heartstringz View Post
    Now hes screaming in his cot. Will not go to sleep. Literally all I have done all arvo is either carry a screaming baby around or try to make him go to sleep. So over this. I got out the info sheets they gave me & checked them, im doing exactly what they told me & it just wont work
    Is there a helpline you can call?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Probably going over old ground but does he take a dummy?

Thanks
    Reviews
    No helpline except 13health & they are pretty useless.

No he wont take a dummy

Thanks
    Reviews
    If it makes you feel better I've had to rock my DD for her naps today... I gave her nurofen this morning & now panadol... She seems out of sorts to me, she's finally gone to sleep after screaming for 30 mins, and I had to rock her aswell. You're not alone, being a mum is bloody hard work, with little to no reward some days!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to AmyEL For This Useful Post:

LittleBug'sMum  (28-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    He just screamed for an hour & I cant take it anymore im about to snap, so I got him up & we just wont bother with day sleeps anymore. Whether he needs them or not he obviously doesnt want them & im sick of literally spending all day trying to force him to go to sleep.

Ill just start his bedtime routine at 5pm every evening & before that he can do what he likes in terms of sleep.

After almost 7 months I cant do this anymore

Thanks
    Reviews
    He just screamed for an hour & I cant take it anymore im about to snap, so I got him up & we just wont bother with day sleeps anymore. Whether he needs them or not he obviously doesnt want them & im sick of literally spending all day trying to force him to go to sleep.

Ill just start his bedtime routine at 5pm every evening & before that he can do what he likes in terms of sleep.

After almost 7 months I cant do this anymore
    You said your hubbies boss is aware of the situation so how about you call hubby and get him to start coming home now if he isn't already so you can have a break. Would hubby consider having a few days off work so that you can stay home together and work on you settling him at home while hubby supports you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Sleep school update

Ok, I'm going against the grain here and am going to say a few things.

1) give up on the sleep training until you get your anxiety sorted.

2) he still needs 2-3 sleeps a day at 7 months, my DS started to drop his late afternoon sleep around then but sometimes still needed it.

3) I think you should just do what causes you both the least amount of stress to get him sleep until you're anxiety is under control. If he won't fall asleep after an hour then go for a walk and try again when you get home.

4) once your anxiety is under control, pull out the sleep school notes and try again.

Once your anxiety is under control you will relax so much more about his sleeping and eating and it will become less stressful. You need to do this. No advice and tips are working because you are too tightly strung right now.

My DS wasn't ready for solids until 7 months, I tried on and off from 5 1/2 and his lack of interest stressed me out. Around 7 months he became interested. I planned on doing a mix of purees and baby led weaning but he called the shots. Sometimes he'll only eat finger foods, sometimes only purees. They get the hang of it SO quickly, you just have to be open to trying. But again, this will not work until you get your anxiety under control.

You need to do this for him and yourself, from your posts it seems as though you haven't enjoyed being a mum at all. I'm not trying to be mean but you just need to get this sorted, it's not fair on either of you.
    Last edited by HollyGolightly81; 28-01-2015 at 16:37.

9. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (28-01-2015),AmyEL  (28-01-2015),Anndrosa  (28-01-2015),BettyV  (28-01-2015),Cue  (28-01-2015),delirium  (28-01-2015),DreamyMummy  (28-01-2015),Full House  (28-01-2015),Funnels  (29-01-2015),HeavenBlue  (28-01-2015),LittleBug'sMum  (28-01-2015),misskittyfantastico  (28-01-2015),peanutmonkey  (28-01-2015),Qwerty  (28-01-2015),SuperGranny  (28-01-2015),VicPark  (28-01-2015),WiseOldOwl  (28-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree with Hollygolightly. You always sound stressed and anxious in your posts and you tend to go from a to z with your thoughts, instead of a to b (eg. instead of just tackling one nap at a time, you decide that you'e not going to bother with naps at all anymore).
    I think one of the biggest problems here is your anxiety. Have you seen someone about it, are you getting help for it? Hollygolightly is right, once you get your anxiety sorted you'll be more relaxed about his eating and sleeping. My middle child didn't eat until she was 11 months old, and as a result bf every 2 hours. She got there in the end and once she got a taste of it thee has been no stopping her. She just loves food.
    Please seek help for yourself. Motherhood is supposed to be enjoyable (stressful at times, but overall enjoyable) and it doesn't sound like you are getting this experience. You deserve to enjoy your baby.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Full House For This Useful Post:

delirium  (28-01-2015),HollyGolightly81  (28-01-2015),SuperGranny  (29-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im seeing a psychologist & shes lovely but I cant tell if its helping or not. One of the lovely ladies on this forum pm'd me the name of a psychiatrist so I guess ill have to go & see him & get medication. Im scared about going on meds. Last time I took them they only worked for my depression, not my anxiety & coming off them was horrible

13. The Following User Says Thank You to heartstringz For This Useful Post:

Qwerty  (28-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im seeing a psychologist & shes lovely but I cant tell if its helping or not. One of the lovely ladies on this forum pm'd me the name of a psychiatrist so I guess ill have to go & see him & get medication. Im scared about going on meds. Last time I took them they only worked for my depression, not my anxiety & coming off them was horrible
    This is something you can discuss with the psych when talking about medication