+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I dont drive & I havent managed to figure out how to get him to sleep in the pram, never really has - wants to look around at everything & as soon as I cover the pram with a muslin he starts SCREAMING & wont stop until I uncover it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by heartstringz View Post
    I dont drive & I havent managed to figure out how to get him to sleep in the pram, never really has - wants to look around at everything & as soon as I cover the pram with a muslin he starts SCREAMING & wont stop until I uncover it
    Hmmm you poor thing, I think I'd still go for a walk, change of scenery & fresh air might do you both some good, just lie him back & walk, if he goes to sleep that's great, if not, when you get home try put him down again X

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AmyEL For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (28-01-2015),amyd  (28-01-2015),FrothyFrog  (28-01-2015),GrabbyCrabby  (30-01-2015),Mod-Nomsie  (28-01-2015),WiseOldOwl  (28-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    He went to sleep right at the hour mark, slept for 20 mins then woke up SCREAMING again. No idea what im doing wrong. So ready to just not even bother with day sleeps he obviously doesnt want them

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry if this has been covered but has he been checked for silent reflux?

Thanks
    Reviews
    He got checked by the paed at sleep school & he said he was healthy

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think he's just trying it on eith you, he knows you have given in and rocked him in the past and that's what he wants. The fact that he settles for your hubby and did it at sleep school says to me that you just need to be more stubborn than him. It will take time, but just make sure you win. It will be worth it in the end!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    He went to sleep right at the hour mark, slept for 20 mins then woke up SCREAMING again.
    Maybe was a bit overtired by the time he got to sleep? I would try a little less awake time than usual for next sleep as after a shorter nap I find my little one can't handle being awake as long.
    My DS2 was awake too long before his first sleep this morning (dropping DD at childcare and I forgot her bags so had to come back home and get them- duh) and has now been catnapping and grumpy all day. But I'm just trying to go with it and hope tomorrow is better.
    A 2hr sleep this morning is awesome, even if for the rest of the say he just has a couple of naps, I would say that is a win.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to LittleBug'sMum For This Useful Post:

TableDancer  (28-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    He went to sleep right at the hour mark, slept for 20 mins then woke up SCREAMING again. No idea what im doing wrong. So ready to just not even bother with day sleeps he obviously doesnt want them
    But he NEEDS them. Just persevere and don't rock him. Just think he is sleeping without you rocking him - that's a win!!

I'm also not sure a screaming baby is what you want but it's what you will get if you don't try and put him down.

How long was he awake before his 2 hour nap? Then how long before you tried him for his last nap? My DS is 4 months so younger than yours and his awake time is 2 hours. To he honest I think your bub needs to be up at least that long. Also try a top up feed before your put down routine - he actually sounds hungry to me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    He was awake 2 hrs before the 2 hr nap. He was awake for 2hrs & 15 mins before the last nap & was getting really cranky so I assumed he was tired. I always offer a top up feed because he wont eat solids & hes always hungry.

After that 20 minute sleep I had him up for 45 mins & he started screaming so I put him in bed, now hes just rolling around blowing rasberries & babbling & not going to sleep. So frustrating & confusing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Now hes screaming in his cot. Will not go to sleep. Literally all I have done all arvo is either carry a screaming baby around or try to make him go to sleep. So over this. I got out the info sheets they gave me & checked them, im doing exactly what they told me & it just wont work