+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Hysterectomy @ 31

Hi ladies,

Has anyone reading had a hysterectomy performed? How was your recovery? And how did you manage with little kids?

I am booked in to have mine done LAVH and I have two daughters ages 2 and 3. A little concerned about the recovery period and how I will manage.

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    @monnie24 had hers done if I recall but it was during a c-section so might be different. She might be able to shed some light for you. ☺️

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Apple iPhart6 For This Useful Post:

MyBabyBells  (24-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I didn't have a hysterectomy but I had my tubes done!

Is there reason why your getting that over tubes? My friend just had hysterectomy due to lots of medical problems she's in her thirties but had her kids very young (teens). Her recovery was fine.

Do you have help at home? Childcare? I would look into those sorts of things. Batch cook etc as she's only just gone back to work 7 weeks later and she works at a desk ☺️

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to monnie24 For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (23-01-2015),MyBabyBells  (24-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    I didn't have a hysterectomy but I had my tubes done!

Is there reason why your getting that over tubes? My friend just had hysterectomy due to lots of medical problems she's in her thirties but had her kids very young (teens). Her recovery was fine.

Do you have help at home? Childcare? I would look into those sorts of things. Batch cook etc as she's only just gone back to work 7 weeks later and she works at a desk ☺️
    Do you know, I read this title several times and still didn't put together that it was hysterectomy and not tubal ligation! I'm feeling a bit stupid but at least you had something to contribute! 😉

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had a hysterectomy at 31. my kids were 6 and 8.. so older than yours but they still needed me My hubby took leave from work for 4 weeks and probably by week 3 I was alot more mobile and just watched what i did as in house work and lifting. The first 2 weeks were the worst pain wise and boredom wise lol

If you can, freeze some meals prior to surgery, i did this and hubby said it was a god send.

best of luck

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Louise41 For This Useful Post:

MyBabyBells  (24-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your replies ladies. I have adenomyosis and pelvic congestion syndrome so unfortunately the only cure is a hysterectomy. Was really hoping to hold off a bit longer just in case we end up wanting a third but the pain is too severe. I'm feeling so anxious about it and the knowledge that a third baby is being taken away from me, but that's another story.

I will have the surgery on a Tuesday and by the following Monday or Tuesday, depending on what weekend I end up comitting too and if it's a long weekend, hubby will be back at work, so not too much support. But I was the same after my babies and csections so hoping it will be similar if not better recovery.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi! I'm 30 & scheduled to have a hysterectomy in March this year.
    I don't know the fancy terms but they are cutting open my caesarean scar to remove my uterus. Leaving my ovaries but clearing the adhesions. Also taking my cervix.

I'm starting to get anxious but excited at the prospect of life without blood! 5yrs of uncontrolled bleeding is more than enough

Fx we both make it through relatively on top of our pain & much better for it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @MyBabyBells How did you go??
    I go in on Monday & starting to get anxious.

Would love to hear how you went

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing for a friend

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hysterectomy @ 31

good luck for yours . I hope it fixes your issues .