+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I suffered from bad migraines which would start off with blury vision then my hand would no numb and would make its way up to my face sometimes my hole side would go numb each time I had a migraine it would change sides so Drs didn't think it was a stroke although it felt like it
    the numbness would last for 20 mins but the margarine was torture I would have to b in a dark room and sleep it off Drs prescribed me a tablet that's was $40 per tablet don't remember the name of it but did not work so I lived to deal with the migraine after I gave birth I have not had a migraine since which I tell you child birth is nothing compared to the migraines I had so fingers crossed that I never get a migraine again

2. The Following User Says Thank You to RonNie For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (23-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I hadn't had a migraine in over 5 years until last weekend.

It was horrible. 48 hours, by the second day I was vomitting regularly from the pain. Being pregnant I didn't have anything in the house, I went to an osteo who suggested a cervogenic headache which had referred to migraine pain. I left still in agony, balling my eyes out in the car. Called my ob who prescribed 2 fortes which didn't even hit the sides. Then went on that night to have restavit which fixed it.

When I used to get migraine, mersyndol night strength was the only thing which fixed it! It has doxymaline succinate, the same as restavit, which is a muscle relaxant. Take 2, lie in a quiet, dark room on my side and slowly chew a salada biscuit. 2 hours later I'd wake groggy with a migraine hangover but I was better.

I hope you find your cure. They are so debilitating!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (23-01-2015)

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    There seems to be a lot of mods and ex-mods who suffer with migraines... I wonder if there's a connection

I am going to try a few suggestions. I have seen a physio but that didn't do anything. Yesterday's migraine was pretty bad. It started as a headache on Wedneday night then during the night the pain centralised behind my right eye. I can still feel some of the pain there now nearly 48 hours later.

Thanks
    Reviews
    U can also try a chiropractor they reckon it's the way we sleep that brings on migraines I went to one once but didn't do anything hated the sound of him crackin my bones yukk and never went bak

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm so happy to not remember when my last migraine was!! KNOCK ON WOOD

I used to get them based on my cycle

I have been taking magnesium everyday which I think helps a lot. Otherwise 2x panadiene as soon as I start to feel 'off'.

If I don't, I'm under a blanket, in a cold dark room, trying not to vomit, for hours and hours until I fall asleep. I see spots. Takes a few days to feel better again. Horrid. My mum has them also.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I get terrible headaches, I have one of them now infact. Painkillers do nothing and I often get like twinkling starys in my eyes. Never been to doctors about it. I presumed it was normal now I've read this thread not so sure as alot of you guys seem to go to doctors and get good pain relief or a definitive answer as to why you get them. I'm just going to go to sleep and hopefully sleep it off. A good trying to be relaxed bath often helps or takes edge off for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I get migraines as well but I haven't had one in quite a few years. I found certain foods would set mine off and I would always have a sign that I was going to get it, like pins and needles in my fingers for no reason, or not being able to see out of one eye. My dr gave me imagren nasal spray which would always help. I'd fall asleep just after taking it and wake up with some bearable throbbing but none of the other symptoms. The throbbing would last anywhere from a couple of hours to a couple of day.

Just recently, after my Caesarian, I had migraines 24/7 for about a month. I didn't realise they were migraines because I didn't get the signs that I always get. My dr told me they were common migraines, which is a different type to what I normally get, and gave me imagren again which didn't shift them at all. In fact nothing would. I went to see my obstetrician for my follow up and mentioned them to him and he discovered I had a uterine infection. After about a week on the antibiotics the headaches cleared up.

I don't normally go to the dr for anything, I figure I'll get over it eventfully, but I'm so glad I went for those headaches because I couldn't take it anymore. Definitely worth getting it seen to!!