+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    mine got stolen with a break in we had, so problem solved LOL. Mind you, so did all my other jewellery

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 4LeafClover View Post
    mine got stolen with a break in we had, so problem solved LOL. Mind you, so did all my other jewellery
    I should get some contents insurance I suppose... I'd kind of like it if they got stolen and I got the thousands... I haven't been able to wear anything he gave me lately...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 4LeafClover View Post
    Forgot to add, sorry you got broken into, and sorry they stole so many things from you..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by preggasaurus View Post
    Forgot to add, sorry you got broken into, and sorry they stole so many things from you..
    Thank you. It is the sentimental things that gut me the most. Things that are not valuable money wise, but are in my heart

Thanks
    Reviews
    So, I have an addition to my original question, wedding dress and album... What did you do with those?

I have, carefully boxed and stored, my wedding dress. There is also the wedding album, DVD, photos, etc... I'm so tempted to chuck the lot, (maybe sell the dress!), as I have no desire to ever look at them again.. However, I do have two daughters, and as a child I can remember how much I loved dressing up in my mothers' wedding and debutant dresses.. So, here's my question.... What did you do with your wedding things?

I'm thinking, that if I keep those things, but actually store them in my daughters' wardrobe, then they are being kept for them. Then I can sell the wedding rings and have some cash...

What did you do with yours?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Dress and album is in the same place as the rings- shoved in the cupboard, not knowing what to do with them.
    The album I will definitely keep, my DS1 was there so he may want to look at the photos one day, as will probably my DD, to see me all dressed up like that.
    I don't know what to do with the dress. It's a beautiful dress. I wanted to keep it. But now, I don't know what for? It has that same 'bad luck vibe' as the rings...

Thanks
    Reviews
    My ex SIL gave her dress to a charity for angel babies. They make beautiful little gowns for LO gone far too soon. I had my dress cleaned and boxed to keep but now that I know about this I want to donate it. Far more beautiful cause than my linen closet

http://www.angelgownprogram.org.au/media.php

I don't think she had a photo album but the framed pictures didn't 'survive' her moving out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by EverydayDreamer View Post
    My ex SIL gave her dress to a charity for angel babies. They make beautiful little gowns for LO gone far too soon. I had my dress cleaned and boxed to keep but now that I know about this I want to donate it. Far more beautiful cause than my linen closet

I don't think she had a photo album but the framed pictures didn't 'survive' her moving out.
    I just read the link you posted on "angel gowns", I can't stop crying...

Thankyou for the link.. What an amazing organization, what a great thing to do with wedding dresses, amazing..

I'm crying still..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh I'm sorry I really hesitated about posting it for that reason! I didn't want to upset anyone.

It is terribly heart breaking but whoever thought of it and those wonderful volunteers who sew! It's just all so beautiful

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by EverydayDreamer View Post

That's beautiful! I've been wondering what to do with my dress!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Apple iPhart6 For This Useful Post:

EverydayDreamer  (31-01-2015),TheGooch  (31-01-2015)