+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Wedding rings

Hi all!

So, I'm genuinely curious, what did you do with you engagement, wedding and eternity rings?

Mine were sitting in their boxes, on my dressing table, but I couldn't stand to look at them anymore, even inside their boxes, so they're hidden behind a photo frame now..

I've contemplated pawning or selling them through cash converters, but they only pay a tiny percentage of the rings worth.. I also considered saving them for our daughters, but why would they want them?

So, what did you do with yours?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I gave my engagement ring back to my ex I didnt want anything to do with it. If I ever got divorced now though, id think about getting my rings remodelled into something I can wear again

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm the same as you guys; I've kept mine in a box somewhere, unsure what to do with them.
    Ex suggested when my DD is older, to give them to her... but I agree that they feel like bad luck, why would I give them to her?
    And I also wouldn't get much if I sold them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsBid View Post
    I gave my engagement ring back to my ex I didnt want anything to do with it. If I ever got divorced now though, id think about getting my rings remodelled into something I can wear again
    Oh! I didn't think if this! Mind are pave settings, so there are about 100 tiny diamonds among the three rings as well as one half ct diamond... I could absolutely have mine turned into a necklace or something... Too bad I don't have two larger diamonds, they'd make nice earrings, a large diamond in the middle surrounded by smaller diamonds. (Though that could be a bit gaudy for everyday wear, lol!)

Any one else care to share what they did / are doing with theirs?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I kept the rings from my deceased fiance. They are in a box on DH's shelf. DSD wants them, but I may eventually sell them, or give them to my sister- there's noone on his side to take them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I sold my engagement ring on a bss page on Facebook and couldn't flog off my other rings for a decent price so they are still in my jewellery box.
    I don't want them remodelled for me as I too feel they are bad juju but I might remodel them into a pendent for each of our daughters.

Sent from my C6603 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine are still in my cupboard in a box. I designed the ring myself so can't bear to part with it, but also I don't want to be reminded of what it was from.
    I do understand that some people keep them and pass them to their children as a reminder that they once loved each other but for me I was never loved , so pointless giving them to DD.
    I have thought about making a divorce ring out of them but still so unsure.
    It's a tough choice especially when they were $4,000.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyBovine View Post
    Glad I'm not the only one who thinks the rings could be cursed / are bad luck. I felt a bit weird admitting that when I posted it last night. I actually wanted a different engagement ring but exdh cracked it because the ring I loved was $500 more expensive than the ring he wanted to buy. In the end I just agreed and pretended to like the ring he got. The diamond on the engagement ring also has a flaw in it, just like my marriage. To me the ring symbolises the start of me selling my soul for him and everything flawed about my marriage. I don't want to pass this kind of bad luck down to my DD. I don't think melting it down would get rid of the bad sentiment I feel towards it.
    I also feel like my rings are cursed and may also bring bad luck to my daughters if I pass them on to them.

The more I think about it, the less I want them remodelled into something else...

On a side note, after finding out about my ex husbands girlfriend, I took my rings off. A few days later I complained to my ex about a guy hitting on me while I had my kids at a playground, he suggested that I should continue to wear my rings to give the impression of being married to prevent guys hitting on me... I nearly vomited, that's the last thing I'd ever want to do!

I won't wear them, don't want to pass their bad luck onto anyone else in the world, not sure if I'd wear whatever it was they were remodelled into... Are there any other options?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I sold mine when I was adamant dh and I were over. I was desperate for money and they are just jewellery. We are back together and he bought me a new combined wedding/engagement ring.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    You know, it's funny to me. Maybe because my "break up" ended because he died, but I don't consider the rings bad luck.

I did, however, freak a little when DSD said her mum is giving DSD her wedding dress to wear for her own (DSDs) wedding, if she ever gets married... WHY?