+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Friendship issues

How do you bring up in conversation with your friend that you feel they are sometimes a little to self absorbed without hurting their feelings??

We can have whole conversations where not once does she ask anything about me or my boy and what we have been up to, how im coping etc.. its all about her... I can deal with that most of the time but there are days id like to feel the same care/interest that I show her is returned. . Am I being to precious?
    We do have a great friendship but I am noticing more and more of these one sided topic conversations

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ending 5/6/15100 Posts in a week
    Just tell her. If she is a friend she wont get offended.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    What happens if you just talk about what's happening in your life without her asking? Is she interested or does she just direct the conversation back to herself?

The reason I ask is because I know I am absolutely hopeless at asking people what's going on with them - mostly because I have a rubbish memory and can't remember what they're up to to ask! I actually really admire people who remember what's going on in people's lives and ask about it when they see them!

I absolutely am interested in what's happening with my friends, but I'm just bad at asking. I'll tend to talk about myself but I'm very interested when they bring up something about them. I find having to try and coax conversation out of people really hard, so I just tend to tell stories about me! (Not saying that's right, just what I tend to do!)

I think naturally in friendships there's sometimes one person who's better at listening and one who's better at talking if you know what I mean. But If she's fobbing you off anytime you direct the conversation to you, that's not on. It's difficult to change someone like that though... Has she always been the same or is it just a recent thing?

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HillDweller For This Useful Post:

CompareTheMeerkat  (21-01-2015),Serenity Love  (22-01-2015),SheWarrior  (21-01-2015),VicPark  (22-01-2015)