+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    If you are able- get yourself down to the ed to be checked out. It will be helpful that you have pictures to show the dr. Hopefully they can give you a good check over and answer your questions

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I agree with Nomsie. Get checked out. Great that you have the pictures - I had male nurses who refused to come and help me when I had a late m/c and had to clean everything up myself even though I had a bleed at the same time due to retained placenta - the doctor came in and said "Well, it looks like you're having a heavy period, huh?" Ah...no. Still had to have a d&c because of retained placenta anyway.

Make sure it's all clear and that there is nothing left to create infection or mess with your next pregnancy. If it does turn out to be a new pregnancy push for some testing. They will ask you if you kept the baby and placenta (except they'll say "products of conception") as it can be tested and checked for any problems, clots, etc. which can be good for the future to get it done now even though it is all rather horrid.

Hope you get someone lovely to look after you x.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Ted For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (21-01-2015),Reina83  (21-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks ladies. I'm booking an appointment with a GP who is also an obstetrician to see what she thinks. Hopefully I can get a scan and make sure its all empty. Cant believe its taken 10 weeks to pass the pregnancy. Those cramps were just awful. Feeling a lot better now. Just so confused and emotional. Quite confronting to be faced with something so long after it occurred.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Urgent help please

How big was the sac? My 6w sac was 2cmx2cm round. Very tough like calamari and black/blue colour
    If it was red and looked like liver, then it would have been lining. So sorry for your loss

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Oh sweetheart, I am so sorry for your loss.

I would say you will definitely get a scan as you may still have retained product hence why you've been feeling so unwell etc. Take it easy, as your body has been doing a lot of work and all the best with your appointment.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

Gracie's Mum  (21-01-2015),Reina83  (21-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I couldn't read that and not send some hugs your way. I'm really sorry you've had to deal with that, so awful. Hope you get some answers from the doc. Personally I wouldn't wait, I would have been down to the ED. Xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I'm so very sorry you have gone through this. From your description it sounds like the pg was further on the 6 weeks, more like 10. I hope you can get to the bottom of what is going on.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Gracie's Mum  (21-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think the pregnancy was further along too. The sac is round like a ball, see through and rubbery and its attached to the placenta which is like a big chunk of liver. You can see the embryo inside of the sac floating around. Its quite small with sprouting arms and legs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Oh how confronting. Massive hugs. I had a similar thing happen 3 months after a DnC. It was a clot about the size of my palm. I had contractions like you to pass it. I think mine was old lining coming out from the curette but I'm not sure. I had no pain or anything after either. I hope you get some answers xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lilypily View Post
    Oh how confronting. Massive hugs. I had a similar thing happen 3 months after a DnC. It was a clot about the size of my palm. I had contractions like you to pass it. I think mine was old lining coming out from the curette but I'm not sure. I had no pain or anything after either. I hope you get some answers xxx
    Just awful pain isn't it? I was toppled over. I feel so much better now. Still crampy but nothing like that contraction type pain. I dont mind contractions to get a baby at the end of it but to have them for nothing is just cruel! No fun being a woman sometimes