+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Morayfield
    Posts
    36
    Thanks
    35
    Thanked
    3
    Reviews
    0

    Default Toddler comfort boob

    I proudly bf my 27mth old till he was 22mths it's was VERY hard to wean for us both. I decided to let milk dry up as it was the easiest way however getting him to drink cows milk was hard enough but then he had issues with wanting to feed from me we invested in a dummy which gave him his sucking and we were able to wean 100% although now he still craves that boobie comfort he still continues to touch(even through clothes and hand down my shirt!) my nipples or breasts despite my best efforts saying no these are mine now or smacking his hand reassuring his a big boy now etc he continues to do this behaviour I'm sure he only does it for comfort but enough is enough it weirds me out a bit. Just really want this to stop but he doesn't show any signs of wanting too aghh 😩

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Brisbane North
    Posts
    4,460
    Thanks
    1,581
    Thanked
    1,802
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    my 4 year old ds does this. lol. but not all the time.. have you introduced a favourite bear for him to hold or focus his attention on? Maybe as soon as he does it readjust his attention to something else like ''look at this" and point to something?

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to GlitterFarts For This Useful Post:

    Cherry1987  (20-01-2015)

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    320
    Thanks
    240
    Thanked
    150
    Reviews
    0
    Well done mumma for feeding so long!! I'm still in this boat with my nearly 3 yo. She's taken to bottles with cow milk fine, half milk half hot water, but still during the night and first thing in the morn she'll ask for boob (co-sleep). And i cave because she will wake the baby. Have to say, I'm not polite about it anymore. I let her on for say 15 seconds, 30 if she's lucky. She knows thats all she will get and is good with that (mostly) In the day I just say no. And go do something else or get her a bottle. Have to say initially, she was having lots of bottles. I can not stand her touching my nipples and I reactivity pull back or push her hand away. I can't help it, i just can't stand it. I decided nature is like that sometimes, I'm off a farm and I remember cows kicking at calves, or just walking off, cats swiping at kittens, (sounds so violent) and just getting up and walking away.... I know we cant totally compare, but I found this comforting in reassuring it was my instincts to stop and say no and that it was ok to take the boobs away. I get you though, it still is sad not to ever feed again. Xx

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dreamer1 For This Useful Post:

    Cherry1987  (20-01-2015)

  6. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Morayfield
    Posts
    36
    Thanks
    35
    Thanked
    3
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by GlitterFarts View Post
    my 4 year old ds does this. lol. but not all the time.. have you introduced a favourite bear for him to hold or focus his attention on? Maybe as soon as he does it readjust his attention to something else like ''look at this" and point to something?
    Yes we have a monkey toy he likes and a blankie this child however only wants my boob as a comforter pregnant with #4 and his still in our bed as well -.- of all my boys his been the most difficult but he was also my first exclusively bf bub! Could only bf for 6 weeks with the other two despite my best efforts milk started drying up all I had to do was keep feeding but didn't know that till bub 3 so I guess he has a stronger bond with me and wants to be close to me. Do u think he will just grow out of it? Hahahaha also his sneaky we put his monkey under his arm he still tries feeling my nipple I even put blankets over my boobs even my hand on my nipples he gets cranky trying to remove them so he can feel my nipple it's exhausting lol to have a night not being gropped by my 2yr old wow some ppl have it good lol

  7. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Morayfield
    Posts
    36
    Thanks
    35
    Thanked
    3
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer1 View Post
    Well done mumma for feeding so long!! I'm still in this boat with my nearly 3 yo. She's taken to bottles with cow milk fine, half milk half hot water, but still during the night and first thing in the morn she'll ask for boob (co-sleep). And i cave because she will wake the baby. Have to say, I'm not polite about it anymore. I let her on for say 15 seconds, 30 if she's lucky. She knows thats all she will get and is good with that (mostly) In the day I just say no. And go do something else or get her a bottle. Have to say initially, she was having lots of bottles. I can not stand her touching my nipples and I reactivity pull back or push her hand away. I can't help it, i just can't stand it. I decided nature is like that sometimes, I'm off a farm and I remember cows kicking at calves, or just walking off, cats swiping at kittens, (sounds so violent) and just getting up and walking away.... I know we cant totally compare, but I found this comforting in reassuring it was my instincts to stop and say no and that it was ok to take the boobs away. I get you though, it still is sad not to ever feed again. Xx
    Thanks so much I was very proud! I was determined this time to feed my baby. I completely understand what ur saying that was me a while ago well still is his just not getting any milk lol 😁 I did feel bad and think is it bad for me to react like this but it becomes awkward if we're out and he does it but it seems to be when his tired or been naughty so it's definitly a comfort thing but that was something he would do while I was bf him so maybe I reinforced the before back then with out realizing. Back then I was a bf mum and they were his milk supply now I find it weird because I'm not bf anymore strange hey lol

  8. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,222
    Thanks
    894
    Thanked
    3,218
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My third baby did this, SO much. It drove me mental, I couldn't stand it, most of all I hated when he touched my nipples. So what I would do was if he rested his hand on my boob, I would leave him. If he touched my nipple, I would push his hand away, or just move his hand up a bit off my nipple. I would have to do this CONTINUALLY! Grrr. But after a while (many many months, I'm afraid!), he eventually realised that if he touched my nipple, I would get annoyed, but if he just touched my chest, he was allowed. I eventually moved the 'forbidden' area up too, as even though he stopped groping my nipple, he was still sticking his hand down my shirt which would sometimes lead to a bit of exposure, which in public was not very good!

    So basically after a LOT of pushing his hand away, he realised that he could only pat my upper chest. But I tell you it was a LONG time for this to happen. Even now (at 7yo) sometimes if he is upset or tired and he lies on my lap, he rests his hand on my upper chest, it's just a comfort thing for him. But he never really got attached to a cuddle toy when he was a toddler; his cuddle toy was me lol.
    Last edited by CMF; 21-01-2015 at 04:39.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to CMF For This Useful Post:

    Cherry1987  (21-01-2015)

  10. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,869
    Thanks
    879
    Thanked
    1,201
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CMF View Post
    My third baby did this, SO much. It drove me mental, I couldn't stand it, most of all I hated when he touched my nipples. So what I would do was if he rested his hand on my boob, I would leave him. If he touched my nipple, I would push his hand away, or just move his hand up a bit off my nipple. I would have to do this CONTINUALLY! Grrr. But after a while (many many months, I'm afraid!), he eventually realised that if he touched my nipple, I would get annoyed, but if he just touched my chest, he was allowed. I eventually moved the 'forbidden' area up too, as even though he stopped groping my nipple, he was still sticking his hand down my shirt which would sometimes lead to a bit of exposure, which in public was not very good!

    So basically after a LOT of pushing his hand away, he realised that he could only pat my upper chest. But I tell you it was a LONG time for this to happen. Even now (at 7yo) sometimes if he is upset or tired and he lies on my lap, he rests his hand on my upper chest, it's just a comfort thing for him. But he never really got attached to a cuddle toy when he was a toddler; his cuddle toy was me lol.
    My 7yo does the same thing and he knows if he wants to creep me out then he just pretends to touch my nipples. He thinks it's hilarious to watch mum shudder!

    I'm trying to wean/off load dd who will be 3 in April. She is not interested in another comfort apart from me. It is only sometimes if she wakes at night or she is overtired so it's not too often but it does make my skin crawl!

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BbBbBh For This Useful Post:

    Cherry1987  (21-01-2015),Dreamer1  (21-01-2015)

  12. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,648
    Thanks
    558
    Thanked
    428
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ds2 is 2 in a week and he is the same. It's just comfort but it's his.
    My hand over the nipple gets a tant if I don't give up by the second time.
    He has taken to stabbing me in the chest to ask for boob. (can't talk yet)
    Is really very forceful about it. It's his boob not mine. I have had no luck with toys. He had never taken a snuggle blanket. No dummy.
    I want to wean. To have my boobs back (so does dh) but I have no other way to comfort Ds2.
    Wahwah me. Moment over. Lol.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Sookie Stackedhouse For This Useful Post:

    Cherry1987  (21-01-2015)

  14. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Morayfield
    Posts
    36
    Thanks
    35
    Thanked
    3
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by CMF View Post
    My third baby did this, SO much. It drove me mental, I couldn't stand it, most of all I hated when he touched my nipples. So what I would do was if he rested his hand on my boob, I would leave him. If he touched my nipple, I would push his hand away, or just move his hand up a bit off my nipple. I would have to do this CONTINUALLY! Grrr. But after a while (many many months, I'm afraid!), he eventually realised that if he touched my nipple, I would get annoyed, but if he just touched my chest, he was allowed. I eventually moved the 'forbidden' area up too, as even though he stopped groping my nipple, he was still sticking his hand down my shirt which would sometimes lead to a bit of exposure, which in public was not very good!

    So basically after a LOT of pushing his hand away, he realised that he could only pat my upper chest. But I tell you it was a LONG time for this to happen. Even now (at 7yo) sometimes if he is upset or tired and he lies on my lap, he rests his hand on my upper chest, it's just a comfort thing for him. But he never really got attached to a cuddle toy when he was a toddler; his cuddle toy was me lol.
    Thank u!!! You have given me hope lol u sound like me! Hahaha appreciate everyone's responses was at my wits end! Guess it will stop eventually thanks so much for your responses ladies

  15. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    6,694
    Thanks
    1,185
    Thanked
    3,209
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We stopped feeding at 6 months but my son always has his hand down my top. I'm not sure why they like touching it seek comfort but yeah. He's 3.5 so wouldn't even remember feeding.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to lilypily For This Useful Post:

    Cherry1987  (21-01-2015)


 

Similar Threads

  1. Comfort toy for sleeping - what age?
    By Monkey'sMummy in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-12-2014, 20:54
  2. Nan comfort
    By Mummy12 in forum Bottlefeeding Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 15-09-2014, 18:05
  3. What's your comfort food?
    By HearMeRoar in forum Recipes & Lunchbox Ideas
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 25-08-2014, 21:57

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Riverton Leisureplex
An Extreme Family Pass at Riverton Leisureplex is the ultimate way to cool off during the summer school holidays. The $30 Pass allows pool and waterslide access for 2 adults and 2 children, as well as a drink, popcorn and an icy pole for each person.
sales & new stuffsee all
The Health Hub
Give a new mum a fitness boost for Christmas & New Year. Studio-based, small group training sessions - cardio, strength, core, Pilates & boxing. Choice of 16 hrs per week, flexible-arrival feature - bubs & kids welcome! Gift vouchers available.
featured supporter
Sarah Tooke Childbirth & Parenting Education
Providing private, personalised antenatal childbirth & parenting education to expectant parents in the comfort of their own home. Sessions are flexible, including everything that hospital based programs cover. Click to find out more!
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!