+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am 27w with #3 and still havent told anyone other than inmediate family! ☺There will be no announcement here - it will be a suprise for people to see my familys facebook pictures (i dont have fb) and wondering who the baby belongs to 😘

tazz475 is offline Holy banjo, check out boob mountain!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by KitiK View Post
    I am 27w with #3 and still havent told anyone other than inmediate family! ☺There will be no announcement here - it will be a suprise for people to see my familys facebook pictures (i dont have fb) and wondering who the baby belongs to 😘
    This is what we're trying to do too, if I can hold out that long.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to tazz475 For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (20-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    The way I see it is (now after having the losses) the people we tell early are the people who we would want/need to support us *if* anything happened.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SheWarrior For This Useful Post:

White Mage  (20-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    With DS we told family and close friends the day I found out (super early) and then everyone else at 12 weeks.

I'm currently 7+4 and have only told 4 members of my immediate family, will tell the other 4 soonish. Then I want to keep it quiet till around 20 weeks however, my DH is busting at the seams to announce it on FB. Not sure how long I can keep him at bay!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My mum and sis knew pretty early as they knew we did ivf. Told most people around 15 weeks. I don't do Facebook announcements.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ds we told a select few when we found out. Everyone else we waited until maybe 14ish weeks? I wanted to wait until I had told all my family and my work, and I couldn't until this point.

dd only mil and dh knew until maybe 15/16 weeks? I had my appendix out very urgently at 11+5 and we had a few extra scans around then to make sure all was good. Then I just wanted to wait until I felt a little better before telling people.

oh, and I didn't do a Facebook announcement for either. So I had a lot of 'wow! I didn't know you were pregnant!' when dh announced the birth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I told close family and friends as soon as we found out. I have had 12 m/cs and told family early each time. I'm so glad I did too. It really helps to have their support and understanding when/if anything went wrong. I told everyone else (Facebook announcement) at 15 weeks.

First time round I never announced it at all just posted pics when DD was born.
    Last edited by waterlily; 20-01-2015 at 19:20.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    First pregnancy we told everyone but I miscarried at 9.5 weeks. With DS we waited until almost the morph scan at 18 weeks to announce it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We never announced it on FB, just told people as we saw them etc. We told family at about 6 weeks and a few friends at 12 weeks. I think i told my sister within 5 minutes of POAS!

When I was overdue I went to an engagement party and put some photos on FB. Quite a few people (obviously not close), didn't even know I wasn't pregnant.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We told immediate family at 4 weeks when we found out and I told work at about 8 weeks. I was so excited. next time I will try hold off at work because I want to see who has the guts to ask if I am as I get bigger.. Bit of fun