+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default When did you announce your pregnancy?

Hi all, like the title says, how many weeks were you when you announced your pregnancy?

Did you wait until 12 weeks or did you tell earlier or later? And why did you decide to do it when you did?

I'll be 10 weeks tomorrow with twins and have had two scans showing everything is on track with nice strong heartbeats.

We have already told immediate family and close friends but frankly, I'm tired of hiding my rapidly expanding belly and my general exhaustion/spewyness/excitement!

I'd like to share the news remaining friends & family this weekend and then announce on FB/work next week at 11 weeks.

I know there is a risk that my 12 week scan will come back higher risk but on the balance of probabilities, I think I'm okay with taking the risk.... But keen to hear of others experiences!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Family & very close friends were told around 7 weeks.

Started telling work and other friends at around 9 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    As soon as we found out........at 19 weeks 😮

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    The last pregnancy (number 4) I didn't announce until I was 20 + weeks, before then I was barely showing/not much of a bump, so no one realised until I told them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    The day I found out for all 9 pregnancies. I did have a few miscarriages but the people around knew and supported me through them.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (20-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Dd1 we told EVERYONE (as in the whole town knew lol) the day we found out.

Dd2 we only told a couple of close friends straight away as they had to take dd1 to daycare for me because I was too sick to leave the house. Family and the rest of our close friends found out at xmas when I was 12 weeks (although they had already guessed)

Dd3 we told my mum straight away, close relatives at 12 weeks (they had already guessed again), fb announcement and everyone else when I was about 15/16 weeks.

Dd4 we told dh's mum at 5 weeks (she was in an induced coma and passed away 2 days later), told my family the same time. Told some friends at the funeral when I was 6 weeks (they clicked on because I wasn't drinking at the wake), fb announcement and everyone else at 18ish weeks.

Had a m/c at 10 weeks between dd1 and dd2 which only dh and my mum knew about

Had another miscarriage 3 weeks before I fell pregnant with dd3 which only my mum, grandad and dh knew about because mum and grandad looksled after dd2 and dd1 when i went to hospital and the days afterwards.

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    We told immediate family when we found out with DD and everyone else around 13 weeks.

So far with #2 only a couple of people know and we won't tell anyone else immediate family wise til the second dating scan can confirm everything and then after that I probably won't tell people in general for ages. Was thinking maybe telling when we find out if it's a boy or a girl

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats on your pregnancy! Twins, wow!!
    When I had an ultrasound at 6 weeks for DS1 and the technician found the heartbeat, she told me the risk of miscarriage drops to about 2% if they find a heartbeat. So if you want to tell people that you are pregnant, I reckon you are likely to be safe.

I was definitely excited when I found out and told my family before 12 weeks. But I didn't say anything to people at work, because I really didn't know how to announce it. I just let people work it out. It was kind of fun to see how long people would wait to ask. Men were mostly too shy to ask directly, and asked other female colleagues. Very funny!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    With my first we told our parents when we found out and then everyone else at 9 weeks.

Second and third, again parents straight away but we waited until after the twelve weeks scan to announce it to everyone else.

Thanks
    Reviews
    With DS1. We told family the day we found out at 3weeks... my sister told everyone... so I let the cat out tge bag.. was no point trying to hide it.

Ds2, DH told the world after I told him at 4 weeks. It was our anniversary and he was super excited. I did admittedly want to hold off longer. But again.. can't deny it now... and besides 2nd time round I couldn't hide it. By 12 weeks I was huge lol..

Yes I know we told the world early both times.. and yes I knew the risk I ran opening my mouth. But in the end it was my choice.